Search found 3 matches

by Chris Barlow
Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:29 pm
Forum: Historic Hastings
Topic: Bushby House
Replies: 51
Views: 55867

Re: Bushby House

The first of the aerial photos that was posted by Whiffen certainly shows the Universtity School, which is the building facing the viewer. So next door to the Bushby House in question. ( I'm pleased to have found the school's location). From this photo it would appear that this is a corner in the ro...
by Chris Barlow
Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 pm
Forum: Historic Hastings
Topic: Victorian New 'University School'
Replies: 7
Views: 6761

Re: Victorian New 'University School'

sorry about duplicated image.I meant to add this one
school 8.jpg
by Chris Barlow
Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 pm
Forum: Historic Hastings
Topic: Victorian New 'University School'
Replies: 7
Views: 6761

Re: Victorian New 'University School'

My father was a pupil at the University School in 1919, he would have been 10. His father was a Baptist Minister and probably not in the 'wealthy' bracket of life. I have a few photos of the school and its activities which I have put here: https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=4367343859 At 1...

Go to advanced search