convent of our lady, girls boarding school

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
larnaca16

Re: convent of our lady, girls boarding school

Postby larnaca16 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello I was the shy Greek girl with few friends, were you in Iolanthe? I was there 1977 to 1982, I remember Jackie Dunn vaguely, Stasia very well, used to sit next to Rosemary in class sometimes. Unfortunately, the school has been replaced by a housing estate a few years back, I remember Mr Martin too. Do you remember Armelle de Segogne, I loved her, she was sweet, however she drove Sr Lucy mad and Sr Lucy could be quite mean to her! I was friends with Dawn Stiles. Maria, nee Paraskos

larnaca16

Postby larnaca16 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Forgot to mention the Alix Plays: St Luke, St Peter (?) St Augustine St Monica, I was in St MonIca, loved the Gilbert & Sullivan operettas too, Iolanthe, Princess Ida, The Gondoliers, can't remember 1982 performance as had left by then? The Mikado was the summer before I started. Also did Little Sweep in 1979 as a break from the Gilbert and Sullivan ones, Maria nee Paraskos

larnaca16

Postby larnaca16 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Building knocked down, loads of detached houses built there

smkm

Postby smkm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Many years after the first inquiry, I went to the Convent in 1958 to 1964.I know quiet a lot about its history and have to say I enjoyed my years there even thought I was constantly in trouble.There is a very good group on Facebook for old girls and boys. In my time there was St Dominic's down the road for boys and then the Convent. The amalgamation took place after I left.Sister Lucy seems to be the head of house at the home for the elderly nuns which is still on the property.
Cheers to everyone. :)

Samantha66

Postby Samantha66 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:53 pm

larnaca16 wrote:Hello I was the shy Greek girl with few friends, were you in Iolanthe? I was there 1977 to 1982, I remember Jackie Dunn vaguely, Stasia very well, used to sit next to Rosemary in class sometimes. Unfortunately, the school has been replaced by a housing estate a few years back, I remember Mr Martin too. Do you remember Armelle de Segogne, I loved her, she was sweet, however she drove Sr Lucy mad and Sr Lucy could be quite mean to her! I was friends with Dawn Stiles. Maria, nee Paraskos

My name then was Samantha Hicks - i was there approx 1977. I remember Stasia! Do you remember Lanre Johnson? Beverly (american) ? also the christina Bertoli and her sister - italian i think? Also Joanna Lynam and midnight feasts! Holy Angels dormitory rooms 123? I was in St Doninics first and then i think we all moved up to the main school. Sr Lucy - lovely i remember her being very fair minded. Sr Francoise - so stern! I was in St Augustines. I remember monthly marks and merit badges! Miss Inskipp - maths?

Return to “Schools and Colleges”