Spyway School

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
Waleed

Re: Spyway School

Postby Waleed » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:48 am

Hi all I went to spyway school summers only , the first time was 1982 Swanage and then summers 1983-1985 I. Hastings

I really want to hear from my old friends Jagoba, xabir Beya, all the Iranian, Nigerian , Spanish , Italian,Sudanese UAE s , Saudis,and all the rest..
My God so Many

Please be in touch waleedi@eim.ae

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:05 am

[quoted]
Administrator wrote:
Hi Carly

How about starting with a few facts about the place, like when was it built? Was the building anything else before Spyway school? When did the school open? How many pupils? When did it close and why? I take it Spyway was a boarding school with pupils of all nationailities. Was that right?

That should give me something to start with.

Many thanks
Geoff
[/quoted]

Found in the National Archives :
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/ ... dcid=39#39

Administrative history:
The school was founded in 1973 as the Woodyates Study Centre and it moved into more spacious premises at Swanage, Dorset in 1976, when it became the Spyway School moved to Gillmans Hill, St Leonards, Hastings in 1983 and it closed in July 1990. The school was a co-educational day and boarding school for children from five to eighteen years

Found in the Following :
Hastings and St. Leonards Observer (St. Leonards-on-Sea, England) November 8, 2007
Planning permission for 33 new homes on the site of the old Spyway School has been granted

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks Richard, that gives us a good start. I have added the details to the history section_ _ _ Spyway School

I wonder if Woodyates Study Centre was also in Dorset, the National Archives details are unclear on this.

If anyone has anything else to add please post here.

Geoff

baba_g

Re: Spyway Sc

Postby baba_g » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi people, l'm Babagana a full time boarding student from Nigeria 84/86 Do any of you remember what fishing means in spyway (clue ) TUCK SHOP

baba_g

Postby baba_g » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi people, I'm Babagana a full time boarding student from Nigeria. Do any of you guys remember what fishing means ln Spyway---(clue )-- Tuck Shop
:laugh:

SAhmadi

Spyway School

Postby SAhmadi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 pm

[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel
[/quoted]

Hi Raquel,
My name is Shahin Ahmadi. I was a full time boarder in Spyway 83-86 with my older brother Ahmad. Unfortunately I barely remember everyone's name but I do remember sharing a room with Michael Mani. I hope I'm not mistaken. I have been thinking a lot about those days and how to possibly get in touch with some of the students. I live in Austin, Texas now am married with two kids, and we will all be in London area from March 14th till 24th.
I would appreciate any help in getting me in touch with former students and teachers.
My email is seanahmadi@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.
Cheers,

miguelpradodaher

Postby miguelpradodaher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:40 pm

hi guys
its incredible this feeling
my name is miguel but my nick name is KIKO.from BRAZIL.
I WAS SURFING TODAY AND FOUND THIS MESSAGES.
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME AND MY BRO FABIO!!!.
I STUDIED AT SPYWAY SCHOOl FROM THE BEGGINING UMTIL THE END,AT sPYWAY SCHOOL,that is from 1983 until 1990.7 long years.
i remember some names as melih mete,hassan hussein,sam cole ,john,peter gillam ,oh,michael mukassa(staff).mr monks was an asshole ,he used to beat me with a belt or what ever he had in his hands,anyway because of john(staff) i still dig ELVIS PRESLEY rsrsrsrs.
my e mail is miguelpradodaher@yahoo.com
i am happily married and no kids i turn 38 in july 27
guys who reme

miguelpradodaher

hi guys
I STUDIED AT SPYWAY SCHOOl FROM THE BEGGINING UMTIL THE END,AT sPYWAY SCHOOL,that is from 1983 until 1990.7 long years.
i remember some names as melih mete,hassan hussein,sam cole ,john,peter gillam ,oh,michael mukassa(staff).mr monks was an asshole ,he used to beat me with a belt or what ever he had in his hands,anyway because of john(staff) i still dig ELVIS PRESLEY rsrsrsrs.
guys who reme

miguelpradodaher

hi guys
guys who reme

miguelpradodaher

Postby miguelpradodaher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

[quoted]
METE MENTESOGLU wrote:
DOES ONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CARLY OR SUSAN FROM SPYWAY SCHOOL
[/quoted]

mete do you remember me crazy kiko,how is your brother?
tell him to give mehis email ,so we can keep in touch.
miss you all
kiko

Return to “Schools and Colleges”