mohammed_thawadi

Re: Spyway School

Postby mohammed_thawadi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 am

[quoted]
Richard wrote:
[quoted]
Administrator wrote:
Hi Carly

How about starting with a few facts about the place, like when was it built? Was the building anything else before Spyway school? When did the school open? How many pupils? When did it close and why? I take it Spyway was a boarding school with pupils of all nationailities. Was that right?

That should give me something to start with.

Many thanks
Geoff
[/quoted]

Found in the National Archives :
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/ ... dcid=39#39

Administrative history:
The school was founded in 1973 as the Woodyates Study Centre and it moved into more spacious premises at Swanage, Dorset in 1976, when it became the Spyway School moved to Gillmans Hill, St Leonards, Hastings in 1983 and it closed in July 1990. The school was a co-educational day and boarding school for children from five to eighteen years

Found in the Following :
Hastings and St. Leonards Observer (St. Leonards-on-Sea, England) November 8, 2007
Planning permission for 33 new homes on the site of the old Spyway School has been granted

[/quote
My name is Mohammed Thawadi, I joined the school in 1978 and it was a language school for foreigners and was located in 2 areas, 1 was close to Handly and the 2nd was in swanage, unfortunately i could not recall the name of the language school in Handly. than all the student were combined in one school which was spyway school. I think it was 1979. I was 15 years old and most of the students were from Iran. I do have some photos of the students. I will try to scan them from my old album and send them. I do recall that Mr. Norman use to favor the students from Thailand over the rest and use to travel with them during the summer break. The student which i know was from 1978 to 1979. I remember the name of the girls who work at Kitchen Nikki, Sara and Mandi. Mandi was very close friend I hope I can get in touch with her from this forum.

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:27 am

[quoted]
Patrick wrote:
The school was closed down because of allegations of paedophlia,the headmaster did have a previous conviction , one of the teachers wa later convicted for offences,the headmaster committed suicide before the case came up..
[/quoted]

Hello there, I do known that nobody should speak after the death of a person, but as head students at Spyway Scholol, I heard from students that Mr Wingfild did have some touching on young boys, and I spoke ate the time but there were no answer from Mrs Monk ans^d Mr Monk.
Best regards to you,

Albert Dante MABERE, from Tanazania , I used to go out with Stephanie Weaver, Any news from her.Let me know this is my mail admmmad1969@gmail.com

Thanks and Merry X-Mas

ADM

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:37 am

[quoted]
Young June wrote:
Hi.

I was a full-time boarder at Spyaway from early 1990 to the summer of that year when the headmaster was convicted and the school was closed down. I guess I was probably one of the few students who stayed at school when all the mess happened in the mid 1990.

I still remeber Norman, Henry, Peter, Mr. Monk, Mr. Don(?) and the Fabio brothers from Brazil, Kevin, Lee (Wilkinson?) etc. Though the school lost its existence long ago, I still cherish the wonderful memories I had with my old friends at Spyway as it was my first time to live in U.K away from my parents (I'm Korean) and met good guys who helped me out settle down there.

I'm currently doing my grad studies in U.S, but hope to stay in touch with old good friends from Spyway.

Cheers!

[/quoted]

Hello there ,
Do you remember Stephanie Weaver ? If you do can you send me infos. Thanks Albert

albert_dantemabere

Spyway School

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:40 am

[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel
[/quoted]
Hello Raquel ,
Maybe you remember me ALBERT DANTE MABERE , I was head students , black from Tanzania, Iwas going out with Stephanie WEAVER. Have you got any knews? If you do can let me know please.

Dearly ,

Albert Dante MABERE

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 am

[quoted]
stella cole wrote:
[quoted]
METE MENTESOGLU wrote:
DOES ONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CARLY OR SUSAN FROM SPYWAY SCHOOL
[/quoted]

Hello mete, its stella cole, sam cole's sister. How's your brother melih. yes i do remeber carly provan and susan burlace.
[/quoted]

Hello Stella ,
Do you remember me Albert , I am from Tanazania and I was Head Students and at the time I believe you where there too. I do remember 'cause i did fancy you.

Dearly ,

Albert D MABERE

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:52 am

[quoted]
Sornwit wrote:
Hi guys,

It's me..Sornwit from Thailand_ _ _the snooker player. Sure glad to see this forum, bring back a lot of good memories. I went to the same class as Patrick, Masud, and Salem.

I have now relocated to Singapore_ _ _my email sornwitn@gmail.com

Regards,

Sornwit
[/quoted]
Hello Sornwith,

I do remember you and Patick from Hong Kong right,

I was Head Students, my name is Albert D MABERE

Happy New Year 2014 and all the best,

Albert Dante MABERE

albert_dantemabere

Spyway School

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:53 am

[quoted]
masudbello wrote:
[quoted]
Patrick Leung wrote:
[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel
[/quoted]
Hi Raquel,
I'm surprised to hear from you, especially you married with Michael. Congratulations! In fact, I'm really happy to hear from my old friends. Of course I do remember you (all of you). I haven't came across this site for a while, but suddenly saw your messages_ _ _ wow so great. Raquel, please contact me as soon as possible and leave me your contacts, and say hello to everyone. I just wonder how many of them would remember me. By the way, I have contacts with the Indian guy Sanjeev. Do you remember him? I think he is looking for Michael. Here is my email adddress: Patomegu@netvigator.com
Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Regards,
Patrick from Hong Kong
[/quoted]

[/quoted]
Hello Patrick, from HK, do you remember me Albert , I was Head Students.

Best regards

albert_dantemabere

Spyway School

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:02 am

[quoted]
liban abdullahi wrote:
[quoted]
Patrick Leung wrote:
Can anyone tell me what had happened to Spyway School located at Gillsman's Hill, St. Leonards-on-sea? I left this school for almost 20 years. I remember the headmaster was Mr Norman Windfield. I heard some said he committed suicide in 90's. Some teachers are still in my memory such as Mr Van Gelder, John William, Mr and Mrs Monk. The part time girl who used to prepare the meal in the school canteen was called Faye. I think she is in her mid 30's now. She used to go the school called the Grove School near Spyway. If anyone know any of the above mentioned people, please tell them to leave theirs contacts. Thank you.
[/quoted]

[/quoted]

Hello LIBAN, do you remember me Albert always the second best on cross country after you I was Head Students.

Best Regards

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:05 am

[quoted]
kongfhac wrote:
Spent 82 Easter at Spyway when it was in Dorset, but became full time during 83-86 when it was in St Leonards, Hastings. I got a worse memory than Patrick, vaguely remember some of the names but will surely remember if there are some photos. Definitely remember Pavel. Some of the teachers who I would love to get back in touch, the English teacher during 82 Easter. Physics teacher, I think it is Paul, then our mathematic teacher who wore a Hitler style moustache etc. Welcome all messages from old colleagers and teacher during 1982-1986. kongfhac@yahoo.com
[/quoted]

Hello , if you remember Patriclk, I hope that you remember me Albert , I was Head Prefects and Students at the time.USD

Best Regards ,

Albert Dante MABERE

albert_dantemabere

Postby albert_dantemabere » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:09 am

[quoted]
miguelpradodaher wrote:
hi guys
its incredible this feeling
my name is miguel but my nick name is KIKO.from BRAZIL.
I WAS SURFING TODAY AND FOUND THIS MESSAGES.
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME AND MY BRO FABIO!!!.
I STUDIED AT SPYWAY SCHOOl FROM THE BEGGINING UMTIL THE END,AT sPYWAY SCHOOL,that is from 1983 until 1990.7 long years.
i remember some names as melih mete,hassan hussein,sam cole ,john,peter gillam ,oh,michael mukassa(staff).mr monks was an asshole ,he used to beat me with a belt or what ever he had in his hands,anyway because of john(staff) i still dig ELVIS PRESLEY rsrsrsrs.
my e mail is miguelpradodaher@yahoo.com
i am happily married and no kids i turn 38 in july 27
guys who reme
[/quoted]
Hello Miguel,
I remember you, I was Head Prefects and my name is Albert Dante MABERE,

Best Regards

ADM

Return to “Schools and Colleges”