Spyway School

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
miguelpradodaher

Spyway School

Postby miguelpradodaher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:13 pm

[quoted]
Patrick Leung wrote:
Can anyone tell me what had happened to Spyway School located at Gillsman's Hill, St. Leonards-on-sea? I left this school for almost 20 years. I remember the headmaster was Mr Norman Windfield. I heard some said he committed suicide in 90's. Some teachers are still in my memory such as Mr Van Gelder, John William, Mr and Mrs Monk. The part time girl who used to prepare the meal in the school canteen was called Faye. I think she is in her mid 30's now. She used to go the school called the Grove School near Spyway. If anyone know any of the above mentioned people, please tell them to leave theirs contacts. Thank you.
[/quoted]
hello patrick
i dont know if you remember me
KIKO.
I THINK WE STUDIED TOGETHER AT SPYWAY SCHOOL.
I STUDIED THERE FOR 7 YEARS.
UNTILL TODAY I HAD NO NEWS OF SPYWAY SCHOOL.
TAKE CARE
KIKO FROMBRAZIL(I LIVED THERE WITH MY BROTHER FABIO)

suzi

Re: Spyway School OMG

Postby suzi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm

[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Henry must be out of jail now, and Norman did kill himself in The New Forest, so we will never know if he was guilty or not. The building has been knocked down and they are building luxury apartments on that spot,
[/quoted]

Posted on 13/12/07 06:03:21 AM
henry

Reply Re: all former students of spyway from 84-87 Hello Moshhod,

Are you the cute guy from Sudan or the guy that beat sam cole?

Are you the guy that Willie the janitor called blackie?

Posted on 19/02/08 7:08:22 PM
henry

Reply Re: all former students of spyway from 84-87 Yes Patrick, I was one of the masters.

Strangely, no one admits to remembering me. Moshood even named his teddy bear Henry. Do you still have it Moshood?

Hello Carly- so you married a Greek. If you wanted a difficult last name, you should have married polish. Surnames are like eye exams where I come from.

_ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _..

traceyleigh

Re: Spyway School

Postby traceyleigh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't know anything about Spyway school but found myself reading all your posts - it was lovely reading how everyone remembers someone and how you all want to get in touch.

The "history" that you mention is awful - I hope that no one ever hurt any of you and I am pleased for everyone who has gone on to find happiness with your wives, husbands and children.

The last post has bothered me most of all - that wasn't nice reading at all.

mirshamsi_alireza

Postby mirshamsi_alireza » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 am

Hi you all,
This is Alireza, I was staying at Spyway on 1978 and part of 79.
Any of you guys remember Jenny the matron 1978,79. She was at Spy way during the time Mr. Robinson was one of our instructors. I am sure Racheal remembers her but I have a feeling she some how doesn't want to be bothered.

With Mr. Robinson's name coming up, any one remember him?

qudus_odutayo

Postby qudus_odutayo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:38 am

[quoted]
Waleed wrote:
Hi all I went to spyway school summers only , the first time was 1982 Swanage and then summers 1983-1985 I. Hastings

I really want to hear from my old friends Jagoba, xabir Beya, all the Iranian, Nigerian , Spanish , Italian,Sudanese UAE s , Saudis,and all the rest..
My God so Many

Please be in touch waleedi@eim.ae
[/quoted]

Hi Waleedi,

this is qudus Nigeria student i went to spyway in the mid 80's for about a year what an experience i remember playing tag in the forest archery and skateboarding and lots of friends from everywhere.

Oh my God so many memories I remember punching a guy in his mouth for calling my little brother a nigger. (broke his teeth in his tongue)
this was one of my earliest memories of racism which i learnt to deal with in other more positive ways.

i was in the last dorms closest to the headmasters and henry room.

remember a hole bunch of us waking at the middle of the night all going to the toilet and seeing a ghostly figure at the end of the hall what a scary place

giant hall ways and dark coridoors.

but skateboarding down that hill was amazing (the driveway) messing around in the forest was allot of fun it felt like we were there for hours.

i remember learning about religions from all over because there was so much diversity in that school wow.

thanks for memories

my email qudusodutayo@yahoo.co.uk in case anyone remembers me would love to here from old friends.

miguelpradodaher

Postby miguelpradodaher » Tue May 14, 2013 1:42 am

mete
its kiko
remember me.
i studied during 8 years in spyway.
i was there with my bro fabio..
and melih
miss you guyss,
if you want to come to .
brasil.
welcome

Giovanni

Postby Giovanni » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi all,

I am Giovanni, I attended the school in 1986. As I will be there soon, did someone remember the exact address of the Spyway? I would like to see the site even changed, I still have good memories of this college.

Thank you,

Giovanni

nita_perry

Postby nita_perry » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi my name is Nita and both my twin Georgina (Gina) and I went to Spyways in the late 80's when it closed. I was feeling a bit nostalgic so searched the school and found this site. It's nice to see people still keeping in touch. I have fond memories of my time there.

mohammed_thawadi

Postby mohammed_thawadi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 am

[quoted]
Yvonne1975 wrote:
Hey Stella. Its Yvonne here!

OMG I was just reminiscing and thought I would see what I could find out about any ex Spyway pupils and hey presto! I still see Alison Forshew occassionally. Wow you have a good memory for names. I swear I have forgotten most people who were in my class.
:

Hi Yvonne,

Your name is very familiar I think I know you. I was at the language school at Salisbury in 1978 and than moved to Spyway language school. At that time the school was full of Iranian students and few Arabs from Libya and Bahrain. I am from Bahrain they used to call me Mohammed T.

I do remember Mr. Norman very well, too sad to hear that he committed a suicide

mohammed_thawadi

Postby mohammed_thawadi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 am

[quoted]
Mirshamsi Alireza wrote:
Hi you all,
This is Alireza, I was staying at Spyway on 1978 and part of 79.
Any of you guys remember Jenny the matron 1978,79. She was at Spy way during the time Mr. Robinson was one of our instructors. I am sure Racheal remembers her but I have a feeling she some how doesn't want to be bothered.

With Mr. Robinson's name coming up, any one remember him?
[/quoted] Hi Alireza, I am sure I know you as was at spyway school and we were also at the language school in Handly (forgot the name of the school) we were together during the same period.
Mohammed Thawadi from Bahrain

Return to “Schools and Colleges”