i studied during 8 years in spyway.
i was there with my bro fabio..
and melih
miss you guyss,
if you want to come to .
brasil.
welcome

KIKO,

Lord is GREAT I heard that you died and now I do know that is not true, do you remember me I was Head Prefects and I used once in an while get you the chinese food at night.

Best Regards, God Keep You Alive

Albert Dante MABERE

Mohammed Albishir

Re: Spyway School

Postby Mohammed Albishir » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:30 am

Hi everybody, name is Mohammed Albishir from Nigeria. I was in spyway around the mid 80s. I remember kiko and fabio. It's sad to hear such sad news about Norman nd co. But on the bright side I remember many happy times. BMX riding, radio control cars etc. Pls if anybody remembers me pls give me a shout.

debbie73

Postby debbie73 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi. My name is deborah. I am looking for albert d. Mabere. Albert maybe you don't remember me. I was at spyway school in 1986. My first holiday with EF. I stil have a picture of you. You had a guitar and sang paese mio che stai sulla collina. ..i have heard about bad things happened at sp. School. Incredible! Hope to ear you soon..

debbie73

Postby debbie73 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi. My name is deborah. I am looking for albert d. Mabere. Albert maybe you don't remember me. I was at spyway school in 1986. My first holiday with EF. I stil have a picture of you. You had a guitar and sang paese mio che stai sulla collina. ..i have heard about bad things happened at sp. School. Incredible! Hope to ear you soon..

debbie73

Postby debbie73 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Albert? My name is deborah. Maybe you don't remenber me. It wad 1986 ...i think..when i was at spyway school with EF. I rembember that you haf a guitar and sang paese mio. .i am italian. I have a picture of you..you where about 16 yaers old. And hada spanisch girlftiend named theresa. Where are you? Wherw do you live now? Kisses. Deborah

Drivercurran

Postby Drivercurran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 am

Although not a pupil at Spyway I do remember going to the St John's cadets in Hastings in the late 1980's with a group of Spyway pupils, the names of Nita and Gina Perry come to mind along with the name of Kelly. There were I think about a gang of 7. The last 'duty' we done was a collection at the Hollington Tesco store just after the news had broken. If anybody has any contact with any of the St John's gang it would be good to know what they are upto these days. I did see that possibly the same Nita and Gina were on this forum.

Paul

Jula tulyayon

Postby Jula tulyayon » Thu May 21, 2015 9:14 am

I am ex student at Spyway school. Jula tulyayon (gig) I am a Thai. If anyone can remember me or need to contact other thais that went this school let me know. Got my o and a level at Spyway. And my b.eng from UCL London ..
I am living in Thailand.
Cheers..

copytaster

Postby copytaster » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:02 pm

I was a summer camper only at Spyway International in Dorset during the Summer of 1977.
I remember Charles who smoked and Rachel who used to read outside. I learned how to swim while I was there and there was a French boy names “Michel.”

They took us out to the cinema to see the Spy Who Love Me while I was there.
I was ten years old at the time.

Elvis Presley died on August 16 while I was there.

Polo mints were 2p a roll, cans of Coke 10p, and candy bars 5p. Remember the “Tuck Shop” in the property? Remember “pocket money?” I got 40p a day. Remember all the dance parties we went to and singing “Money, Money, Money!” the ABBA song?

I had an Etch A Sketch that everybody loved using, and a skate board, too, that I sold to one of the Saudi kids for £5 only to get yelled at by one of the Norwegian students who wanted to buy it for £8.

There was a fellow 10-year-old (I think) Persian girl attending the camp at the same time. Her name was Mandy (however it was spelled). She was stunningly beautiful with short jet-black hair.

I’ll pay £1,000 to anyone who can tell me Mandy’s last name (and correct me if I’m spelling her first name wrong), where she currently is, and provide her current contact details.

Email me at **email removed to protect from spam**

Gregory Greer

Qudus Odutayo

Postby Qudus Odutayo » Mon May 15, 2017 4:56 pm

nita_perry wrote:Hi my name is Nita and both my twin Georgina (Gina) and I went to Spyways in the late 80's when it closed. I was feeling a bit nostalgic so searched the school and found this site. It's nice to see people still keeping in touch. I have fond memories of my time there.

hi Nita i remember you had a crush maybe my first lol embarrassing, sorry its Qudus you may not remember but i would try and sit next to you on the little bus taking us to swimming i think. rote something on the frosted windows do you remember.

OK embarrassed myself enough but hope your good and all is well.

copytaster

Postby copytaster » Mon May 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Aren't childhood crushes great! I fell in love with Mandy and I was only 10 years old and to this day (near age 50) can't get over it. She was beautiful! This was at the height of Iran's super wealth in 1977 and all the Persians were super rich. All that changed overnight with the 78/79 revolution. I can only imagine what happened to Mandy, the most beautiful Persian girl ever to exist.

Return to “Schools and Colleges”