Spyway School

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
Patrick Leung

Spyway School

Postby Patrick Leung » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Can anyone tell me what had happened to Spyway School located at Gillsman's Hill, St. Leonards-on-sea? I left this school for almost 20 years. I remember the headmaster was Mr Norman Windfield. I heard some said he committed suicide in 90's. Some teachers are still in my memory such as Mr Van Gelder, John William, Mr and Mrs Monk. The part time girl who used to prepare the meal in the school canteen was called Faye. I think she is in her mid 30's now. She used to go the school called the Grove School near Spyway. If anyone know any of the above mentioned people, please tell them to leave theirs contacts. Thank you.

the_plonker_of_hastings

Re: Spyway School

Postby the_plonker_of_hastings » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:41 pm

The only school located in this area I can think of is Westerly school (Not sure if the spelling is accurate), which was located in the Gillsman's Hill area and it's now been sold for development.

TPoH :)

The Biggest Plonker in Hastings here_ _ _

Patrick Leung

Postby Patrick Leung » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Thanks anyway, TPoH ! If you have any new informations about The Spyway School, or if any of your friends know anything about it, please leave your message here again. Thank you very much indeed.

RC

Postby RC » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:01 am

spyway's school was shut down about 8 years ago. Im sure we had a thread going on here involving a few old pupils of that school though! I cant find it . Admin, can you add?

RC

Patrick Leung

Postby Patrick Leung » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks RC!

Mahmut

Postby Mahmut » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:14 pm

DOES ONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CARLY OR SUSAN FROM SPYWAY SCHOOL

patrick

Postby patrick » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:56 pm

The school was closed down because of allegations of paedophlia,the headmaster did have a previous conviction , one of the teachers wa later convicted for offences,the headmaster committed suicide before the case came up..

Patrick Leung

Postby Patrick Leung » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:32 pm

[quoted]
Patrick wrote:
The school was closed down because of allegations of paedophlia,the headmaster did have a previous conviction , one of the teachers wa later convicted for offences,the headmaster committed suicide before the case came up..
[/quoted]

Hi Patrick,
Thank you very much for the informations. It's really sad to hear that indeed! Do you know the name of the teacher who was convicted to the offence? Was it called Henry?

Raquel Bernard

Spyway School

Postby Raquel Bernard » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel

Raquel Bernard

Postby Raquel Bernard » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Henry must be out of jail now, and Norman did kill himself in The New Forest, so we will never know if he was guilty or not. The building has been knocked down and they are building luxury apartments on that spot,

Return to “Schools and Colleges”