Spyway School

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
anita ocran

Re: Spyway School

Postby anita ocran » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:26 am

Hi Racquel,

I posted a message asking about all the girls (and Sam, Michael and anyone
else I can remember) whereabouts about a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if you remember me. I used to hang out with Miriam and comb my hair a lot (lol!!! )
It's so great that you and Michael Mani got married! Congratulations!
Do you know where any of the other girls/guys are? It would be great to hear
from you.

Here's my personal email:
anitaocran1@yahoo.com

andereh

Postby andereh » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi
Raquel ,
how are you, while i was at work, i came across this site, and thought that i would write to say Hi, so how is everything with you, I heard so much about Spyway, so i take it that you are still in contact with Sam, if you do get in touch with him, please could you send him over my e-mail address. Am living in London at the moment but might be moving to Oxford. well if you get a chance drop me a mail some time. take care Andereh

Young June

Postby Young June » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:49 am

Hi.

I was a full-time boarder at Spyaway from early 1990 to the summer of that year when the headmaster was convicted and the school was closed down. I guess I was probably one of the few students who stayed at school when all the mess happened in the mid 1990.

I still remeber Norman, Henry, Peter, Mr. Monk, Mr. Don(?) and the Fabio brothers from Brazil, Kevin, Lee (Wilkinson?) etc. Though the school lost its existence long ago, I still cherish the wonderful memories I had with my old friends at Spyway as it was my first time to live in U.K away from my parents (I'm Korean) and met good guys who helped me out settle down there.

I'm currently doing my grad studies in U.S, but hope to stay in touch with old good friends from Spyway.

Cheers!

Roger Jones

Postby Roger Jones » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:00 am

The building is to be demolished, it has no roof and has been subject to a fire.

patrick_leung

Spyway School

Postby patrick_leung » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 pm

[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel
[/quoted]
Hi Raquel,
I'm surprised to hear from you, especially you married with Michael. Congratulations! In fact, I'm really happy to hear from my old friends. Of course I do remember you (all of you). I haven't came across this site for a while, but suddenly saw your messages_ _ _ wow so great. Raquel, please contact me as soon as possible and leave me your contacts, and say hello to everyone. I just wonder how many of them would remember me. By the way, I have contacts with the Indian guy Sanjeev. Do you remember him? I think he is looking for Michael. Here is my email adddress: Patomegu@netvigator.com
Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Regards,
Patrick from Hong Kong

MehrdadP

Spyway School

Postby MehrdadP » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:50 pm

[quoted]
Raquel Bernard wrote:
Hey, Patrick

Was surfing the net and found your question.
Not sure if you remember me, I was a boarder at school and then became a day pupil, I ended up marrying Michael Mani, and 19 years on, we are still together.
I still see Peter P and John WIlliams from time to time, and Mr Monks and Hazel are happy and living in Eastbourne.
We still have the pleasure of having Sam Cole (you must remebber him!) for dinner every so often.
Feel free to contact me if you want, Michael would be happy to hear from you,
Regards
Raquel
[/quoted]

Memory Lane !

I was a student at "Spyway International School" in Langton Matravers near Swanage Dorest in very early 80's. I heard later the school was moved to Eastbourne and drop the International !
Over the years I have only come across only three of my old schools mates and discovered the dark side of Norman Wingfield and Henry, although even then we used to suspect them.
Unfortunately I dont know the people posting messages on this forum but Raquel Bernard mentioned Bill and Rachael Monks. They must be in their 60s now and I would love to contact them and talk about those days. I dont think other members of staff moved to Eastbourne but a few of Tai kids moved with Norman. Does anyone know Pip ? He must be about 41-42 now.

I would appreciate any news and your replies.

wail__hamid

Postby wail__hamid » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi guys,

I my name is Wail, am from sudan, was a boarding student in Spyway, year 88,89, does any know, any of the contacts for students during these years. I would love to get intouch with them again.

apprecieate any help.

Wail.

stella_cole

Postby stella_cole » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:24 pm

[quoted]
METE MENTESOGLU wrote:
DOES ONE OF YOU GUYS REMEMBER CARLY OR SUSAN FROM SPYWAY SCHOOL
[/quoted]

Hello mete, its stella cole, sam cole's sister. How's your brother melih. yes i do remeber carly provan and susan burlace.

stella_cole

Postby stella_cole » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi walid, yes i remeber you. its stella cole, we was in ms brookes' class in l3 then you guys moved onto upper 3, but i didn't because i was too young. we had warfa, bob, gordon, edward, fathiah, eman, dominic, hadi, melih. i cant remeber no one else. when i stayed on in L3 i had luke, benjamin, carly, charlotte, bronwyne, sulei, rashid, iyob, mark forshaw, can't remeber no one else. But you should see i glad i was when i discovered the site. anyone that remebers me. please email me on stelleone@msn.com :) ;) :P :w00t: :( :o :erm: 8)

Yvonne1975

Postby Yvonne1975 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Hey Stella. Its Yvonne here!

OMG I was just reminiscing and thought I would see what I could find out about any ex Spyway pupils and hey presto! I still see Alison Forshew occassionally. Wow you have a good memory for names. I swear I have forgotten most people who were in my class.
:)

Return to “Schools and Colleges”