St.Mary's School,Baldslow

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
Chris in 1066

Re: St.Mary's School,Baldslow

Postby Chris in 1066 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Richard

Again, thank you for your interest.

Please thank your brother for those complimentary comments on my web site, they are appreciated. I thought it looked pretty good, but its nice to be told so.

To add unlimited pages to the website will cost $5.99 per month (although they very often do special offers of $5.69 per month for 12 months or 45% off based on 2 year plan) and they almost always want 12 or 24 months in advance, which is not always available especially when you have to fork out $19.95 every year for the domain name, and no, I have not linked any of my sites.

Perhaps Geoff would like to link it to 1066online if he thinks it is worth it.

My best site that gets over 2000 hits every week and is now approaching 1 million hits is 1066 Genealogy, (i used to own the web name, but it got too expensive) which is again a free hosted website by Rootschat - address is http://www.rootschat.com/history/hastings
Years of Research (since 1984) went in to the content of that site

Chris in 1066

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi Chris

Have you thought about using Wordpress for your baldslow site?

It's not pro level but does allow you to build your site without knowing html and caters for pretty much unlimited pages. There are also numerous free themes available you could use to base your styling on, a plethora of plugins to help you make it do what you want, and tonnes of online tutorials to help you on your way.

I can offer you hosting of the domain and a Wordpress installation for £35.00 per year (no VAT). Might be worth you thinking about.

Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm

I see that the baldslow.com domain has now expired so the website is no more. Everything okay Chris?

Return to “Schools and Colleges”