Boarding School Convent of our Lady (St Leonards)

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
lisa_hawkes

Boarding School Convent of our Lady (St Leonards)

Postby lisa_hawkes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Up to 1982 i had attended the school as a boarder, i left because i became too home sick . Recently i have been thinking of it a lot as i now only live about an hour and a half away. i have children of my own and would have loved to have shown them pics like we all do but have none so thought i'd look on line but i can't seem to find the school. It wasn't a small school and when i went there it was an all girl school at the top of a hill. Don't remember the road at all. If anyone knows where it is and can point me in the right direction i could do with the help. this is really important to me . :cry:

patrick

Re: Boarding School Convent of our Lady (St Leonards)

Postby patrick » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm

The school was in Filsham Road,St.Leonards and closed down in the 90's ?..The school site is now occupied by housing though the Nuns residence may be still standing but no longer used by the nuns..Belvedere Park,Ascot Mews and Epsom Close are the names of the roads that now occupy the land..As to getting there it all depends on which direction you are coming from.From the coast road you turn up the hill and it is on the right side near the top..Google Maps will show you,just type in Filsham Road..This topic has also come up in the Old Buildings site

caroline

Postby caroline » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Hello Lisa,
My name is Caroline, I'm french and I think we were at school at the same time; I only spent 6 months there, in 1982, I was a boarder; I was sharing my room with 3 other girls, one was English (I remember her name nichola), the second was chinese (may be Chan ? not sure of the name) and the 3rd one, was American and her name was Lisa _ _ _. was it you ??? :w00t:

susan_malata

Postby susan_malata » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Lisa,

My name is Susan and I went to this school too. I was a boarder from 1983 to 1987. I am from Zambia, Africa and had a wonderful time at the school. I am sad to hear it is no more as I have always wanted to take my daughter there for a visit. If there is anyone out who remembers me please send me an email: susanmwewa@yahoo.co.uk. I had a lot of room mates, Ireen Lee, Michelle Wong, Michelle, Natasha Subramanean, Hellen Mc Ellen, Naomi MacDonald... I can go on and on. I can still hear Sr. Sebastien voice in my head waking me up every morning.

Michelehutchison

Postby Michelehutchison » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 am

Hello my name is Michele hutchison
I Was a border in 82 to 87. Looking for old girls especially Rita Émoli, Judy chan, Céline tellerman, and Many more.
Please send me a message. Hope hearing from you soon.
Xxxxx

larnaca16

Postby larnaca16 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 pm

It was Convent of our Lady Filsham Road St Leonards TN38 0PE, sadly now some nice houses been built on the site, although St Dominics is still there further down the road where we played tennis. Sr Francoise was the headmistress but Sr Lucy was the very efficient organiser. I remember going up loads of stairs to an attic room to do art, but was that St. Dominics?...........confused, not sure what St Dominics is now

larnaca16

Postby larnaca16 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Lisa, do you remember Maria Paraskos, Beverley from Abu Dhabi, Armelle, Louise Green, Carol Gates, Kate Long, Charlotte Dicks, Rosemary, Stasia,Janine? I was a day girl, very shy, little, with black hair, rubbish at PE, who fainted in mass twice!

larnaca16

Postby larnaca16 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Michele, your name really rings a bell., did you start in 77 as well?

bpalma

Postby bpalma » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:14 am

Hi is there anyone from the 1972-1974? This is Elizabeth Palma

maria_busquets

Postby maria_busquets » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:06 pm

Hello, I am Maria Busquets from Venezuela, I was there in 1979/1980 so LOOOONG ago
I remember many of you by face but only few names. From my grade (form 1), I remember, Rita Nardos. of course I remember the super strict sister Lucy, sister Francois, sister Sebastian, who did not like me at all, and my favourite sister was the one that will bring us the mail every morning but funny enough that name I can not remember although I remember her sweetness-

Would be nice to share memories of that year with someone.
Lots of love and hope you are doing great.

Maria

Return to “Schools and Colleges”