Boarding Schools/on the the ridge or old london road

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
Chris4488

Re: Boarding Schools/on the the ridge or old london road

Postby Chris4488 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 pm

My Granparents Ena & Billy lived in the cottage at back entrance for 40 years so mr & my brothers & sisters grew up there .
The chapel was Sacred heart, there was a play school run by sr Elsie & the main building was a junior school with boarding Mainly for orphans. We used to sneak in and play with them & hide when a nun came in
A lot of the nuns went on to other teaching jobs when it was closed m

MrsLactose

Postby MrsLactose » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Was their surname Welfare? I remember them as friends of my parents but we left hastings in 1975. How strange!

Julie mitchell

Postby Julie mitchell » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi can I throw some names out.... My mum is Patricia Morgan, (couple of the nuns who were friends with my nan called her Paddy). She went to St Mary Star of the sea I think. Was taught by Sr Thomas, knew Sr Clare and Sr Errard. I was taught by Sr Sheila and Sr Josepha. I used to go for weekends to Sandrock with our class from secondary school and knew Sr Ella and Sr Maureen?

ElizabethD

Postby ElizabethD » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. I am looking for any records of Sandrock Hall School back in the early 1900’s. I believe it was a Preparatory School for Boys back then. My Great Uncle died there on 23 November 1926. He was only 10 years old. I was wondering if any articles, school photos of his class or any records. I was hoping any of you could recommend the best place for me to find any information. His name was Robert Keeling Bakewell, I have never seen a photo of him, I would love to create a memorial for him but I have so little information about him.

Thank you for your patience and best wishes,

Elizabeth

Return to “Schools and Colleges”