Uplands Technical Archery Road

Questions on schools and colleges, past and present
daisy dale

Re: Uplands Technical Archery Road

Postby daisy dale » Tue May 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Hastinger wrote:I used to work at the old college and while there spent a year researching the history of the terrace block. I also built up a collection of 100 year old photos dating back to when it was a girl's school. I used these old photos to produce 'then and now" photos. The buildings were originally private houses before being bought up to house a boy's school. In the early 1900s they became a girl's school which lasted until ww2 when the girls were evacuated. After the war the buildings were taken over for the Uplands Technical School for boys and then were taken over by Hastings College in the 1960s. Sadly, the buildings suffered much while in the care of the college.

I used my collection of old and new photos to produce a video slideshow for my own interest. I will see if I can upload it to YouTube and place a link to it on this site.

Hello Hastinger, I came across this thread today whilst researching information about the development of the Archery Gardens. I would love to see your collection of photos if you would be willing to show them.

Thank you in advance

Return to “Schools and Colleges”