Fish Festival

Conversation regarding Hastings attractions and events taking place in the area.
Richard

Fish Festival

Postby Richard » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:24 am

This weekend, Sat & Sun 19th / 20th September.
Fish Festival at the Old Town, I may try to visit on Sunday.

Rumours that Jamie Oliver may be setting up a stall in George Street the following weekend?

Richard

Re: Fish Festival

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I didn't go the FF because it was £2 entry, which seems a shame as it used to be free.
I would have thought the council could cover any costs (security etcetera) since they charge several hundred pounds to each stallholder.
Bought a decent fish Bap from the 'Pat & Tush' stall on Rockanore instead.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm shocked to hear there's an entrance fee, I bet attendance was down this year because of this. If you've paid £2 to get in then that's £2 you're less likely to spend at a stall. Crazy! Surely keeping such events free will help keep visitors coming to the town?

Mick.

Postby Mick. » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:17 pm

It was only a pound if you went to the tourist office in Aquilla House and that gave you entry for both the Saturday and Sunday. This also included entry to the Music tent (which was pretty packed on both days). Some of the food on offer looked good...friends of ours went for the Goat curry (Mamma Putts)...like Richard I went for a Tush and Pat fish roll...very tasty.

Return to “Attractions, Places to Visit and Local Events”