Stade Saturdays

Conversation regarding Hastings attractions and events taking place in the area.
Westfieldmike2016

Stade Saturdays

Postby Westfieldmike2016 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:26 am

I have been trying to find out who books the bands for the music at the Stade on Saturdays during the Summer. I e-mailed councilor Dawn Pool, who I was told was in charge of 'regeneration' and was involved with music at the Stade, but she failed to reply.
My Son-in Law is in a band and they would like to perform at the Stade during the Summer, but we just cannot find out who to contact. I phoned the council, but they didn't know!
Any help would be great, cheers.

Richard

Re: Stade Saturdays

Postby Richard » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 am

Clr. Dawn Pool should certainly know.
Her business phone is: 01424 451066
Can't believe nobody else in the council has a clue.

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 pm

I think some people may have guessed by now that I am not exactly enamoured of Hastings Council ..

It is beyond belief that, with all the hot air about regeneration over the last few years, just one councillor has specific responsibility for this area of policy. (Maybe there are others hiding away in their little paper-littered cubicles?). But hardly a burning priority which is inspiring the whole administration to work gallantly together, to thrust Hastings boldly into the 21st century! (Maybe a derelict building given a coat of paint sometimes once in a blue moon).

Even more extraordinary is that, when someone contacts the council offering an interesting public event to add more colour to the town, nobody at the council knows whose job it falls under and the only possible councillor fails to even respond. Monty Python indeed.

I was interested once in doing some trading on the Stade area by the toilets. I did worry that the little markets there only had about six stallholders (are the rents too high, what's going wrong?). But then I tried to get info about it, a small office near the toilets was closed even before the end of a market day, no notices in the window or contact details,
it was impossible to get precise info even from the stallholders (a bit cagey - why?). Gave up in the end. Not worth the hassle.

Gerry Glyde

Postby Gerry Glyde » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:48 am

It would not usually be the role of an elected councillor to be booking bands for an entertainment event. The administrative role would be by an employee officer of the council and would arrange events, venues etc.

Having looked at the council's website, it is almost impenetrable and cannot find anything relevant. I would contact the main telephone switchboard who should be able to connect with an entertainments/events department. Other than that you could ambush the councillor at her constituents surgery (even if you are not)

One of the local contributors might be able to find a number.

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:16 am

Since 'Hastings Old Town Residents Association' have been involved with this event they may be the best point of contact:

http://hotra.org/contact/

Return to “Attractions, Places to Visit and Local Events”