Computer Repair

Share your experiences of local businesses - recommend or discourage!
Jonathan

Computer Repair

Postby Jonathan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm

We tried one from Friday-Ad (mercifully can't remember the name) who were worse than useless.

Try KC Computers, 261 London Rd, Saint Leonards-on-sea TN37 6NB
01424 714 713 -- very friendly and helpful, have fixed my partner's laptop wireless connection twice without charging her for it.

vanessaceramics

Re: Computer Repair

Postby vanessaceramics » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:20 am

The guys in Claremont near the library are also very helpful.
There is one guy who I would NOT use though and not sure whether its appropriate to name it here.
I think too that KC who are up in Bohemia are ok.

Scotsbob

Postby Scotsbob » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Can anyone recommend a mobile computer repair/health check/ fixer ???
My son has a fairly chunky PC, 6gb Ram with an upgraded Power supply to enable the Nvidia graphics card to work but it has the habit of stopping working_ _ _ with the occasional BSOD as well.
I live in West St Leonards.
Thanks.

Charlotte

Postby Charlotte » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

I've always used KC in London Road but I think you'll have to take it in there. As for mobile technicians, sorry I haven't used one.

Scotsbob

Postby Scotsbob » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks Charlotte, I'll call them, but does anyone know of a good quality mobile computer techie ???

Herring_Gull

Postby Herring_Gull » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 pm

When you say stops working what do you mean? Did it start 'stopping working' when the new card went in or before?

Blue screen and memory dumps anre not the same as BSODs. BSODs imply windoze will not restart. Blue screens are more likely to be driver issues.

Does the computer beep a number of times on erroring?
Do you know the make of the motherboard and the date of the BIOS on the motherboard?

As in, is the board capable of running that card? DDR 4 etc? More than likely not if the Windoze crashes have started after the card was inserted.

I would have reinstalled Windoze with the new card in (apologies if this was done).

Win-tel are Satan's work.

Scotsbob

Postby Scotsbob » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Mostly the game/s stops working and says "game stopped working" etc, but Windoze is still running_ _ __ _ _. sometimes, it blue screens_ _ _. but not that often_ _ _ Last August I fitted a new Corsair PSU with no problem and later I fitted an nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 550 TI DirectCu Graphics Card. That went ok, worked - or seemed to_ _ _., I even downloaded the latest driver.
Talking to the boy, it seems it is not BSOD but a memory dump.
No Beeps, no clues..
Motherboard is MA785R , BIOS date 20/Dec/10 , pc is a Dell Inspiron 570 , CPU AMD Athlon 2 x3 450 with 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Clivey

Postby Clivey » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:37 pm

[quoted]
Scotsbob wrote:
Can anyone recommend a mobile computer repair/health check/ fixer ???
My son has a fairly chunky PC, 6gb Ram with an upgraded Power supply to enable the Nvidia graphics card to work but it has the habit of stopping working_ _ _ with the occasional BSOD as well.
I live in West St Leonards.
Thanks.

[/quoted]

Hello Scotsbob,

I can recommend a mobile technician called Mark Todd. He lives in Bexhill but possibly covers St.Leonards. Both my brother and myself have used his services and have been very impressed. Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. His number is 01424 846466. I hope this helps?

Clivey

bandy

Postby bandy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Try Buddys in Queens road, they have a website too. Really very good and not too expensive.Really nice guys!

Rahat

Postby Rahat » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 am

I am facing a problem with my computer. The problem is that my computer is restarting automitically after 2 minutes. So for that I am thinking to repair my computer. For that I search on the web but I have no idea about how good are these repair services. I want a trusted repair service and if anyone can give me help then please reply me.

Return to “Local Traders, good and bad”