A good carpenter to supply/fit dividing doors?

Share your experiences of local businesses - recommend or discourage!
Technique

A good carpenter to supply/fit dividing doors?

Postby Technique » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 am

The time has come when open plan living no longer suits our needs.

I am looking for a good carpenter that could supply and fit a decent set of dividing doors. We want the ones that hinge in the middle and then fold back against the wall - possibly called piano hinges? Not sure on the style - whether to have glazing or not, so I am looking for someone with a bit of flair that has ideas as well as a good craftsperson.

It seems to be a big ask these days, but if anyone has used such a gem, I would be grateful if you could pass them on!

Ta,

J

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: A good carpenter to supply/fit dividing doors?

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm

I have heard good reports about Ace Joinery Solutions. They also offer free site survey and advice so worth getting a quote if nothing else. Contact details are in the directory http://www.1066online.com/hastings/carpenters.php

Technique

Postby Technique » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for that. Funnily enough I saw their advert in the local rag and they looked like the sort of thing I wanted - but as you know a bit of local knowledge never hurts.

I will let you know how I get on - and if anyone else has an ace carpenter in their collection...

J

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:36 am

Or you could just put a mobile folding screen across, or long curtains, on a pole concealed behind the ceiling beam ?
Dividing doors will require a fixed frame all round and be much more visible.

just some thoughts!!
:)

Technique

Postby Technique » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Some good ideas there Richard. We already have a doorway type opening between the two rooms, it just requires the doors fitting. As it has never had doors (and is non-standard size) they will need to be made to measure or adjusted to fit.

Although curtain would be very nice, they won't create a sound deadening barrier (or keep the dogs and cooking smells out of the reception rooms. Definitely a door job! :)

Return to “Local Traders, good and bad”