E-Bay collect at Argos

Share your experiences of local businesses - recommend or discourage!
Kingy1066

E-Bay collect at Argos

Postby Kingy1066 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Don't do it - stuff delivered and signed for by Argos, but not in the shop to pick up - absolute pain to sort out and attempting to get money back

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: E-Bay collect at Argos

Postby Geoff » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Sound advice. I had problems with the this too. Unless you have no other way I would say no to collecting at Argos.

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Well, Amazon and ebay are certainly trying experimental methods to save buyers from having to experience failed postal deliveries (you usually need to sign to satisfy them for proof of delivery) but even trying ideas such as collection from the the local Post Office (via Amazon) currently seem prone to failure.
As for using unmanned 'drones' to drop it off, they can dream again !!
:lol:

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 am

I have used Amazon three times for small items, been lucky so far, but then my trick was to get things delivered to a friendly bookshop which I use as a mailing address. Did that make a difference, make it more difficult for the delivery guy to say "he couldn't find the address" or "nobody was in"?!

But from Vistaprint two deliveries have failed to turn up at same bookshop - Vistaprint are excellent to deal with, sent another express delivery without any hassle.

Amazon seem to be a nightmare - my bookshop guy goes red in the face talking about them, constantly orders go astray and he spends hours making making phone calls each time.

Return to “Local Traders, good and bad”