Scaffolders

Share your experiences of local businesses - recommend or discourage!
Richard

Scaffolders

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:23 pm

If anyone is having problems with Scaffolders, please let me know.
You can message me if you prefer.

Would the person who tried messaging me recently please message me again, this time with a contact email, as I did not receive a message on the website, and there was no email address in the notification.

Thanks,
Richard
:)

anniewood

Re: Scaffolders

Postby anniewood » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 am

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:02 am

I am starting a new section on the Directory for Scaffolders. Any recommendations for reputable local companies that deserve a listing?

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:13 pm

The bad ones don't like being named - that is for sure!!
I'd just advise anyone who needs scaffolding for building work is to let their builder employ one of their own choice and then it becomes the builder's responsibility.
Builders generally know who they can trust, otherwise the work doesn't get done and they don't get paid.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks for your input Richard, but that doesn't really answer the question. I guess in your case the question should have been... what scaffolders do your builders use? ;)

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:55 pm

In approaching a job of building repair/alteration, many people will not realise that the builders are better placed to know who is reliable and who is not, because the builder controls the scaffolder he relies upon.
People often look for the cheapest quote from a scaffolding firm, and then task a builder with doing a job on their property.
All I meant was that, from my experience, you really have to think along certain lines, as above.

Geoff, to answer your question, directly, I could reel off many who are good, such as 'Absolute Scaffolding', who picked up the pieces, and did a great job, when I was badly let down by a.n. other scaffolding company, which I have written about extensively, on previous postings.

There are a clearly some 'cowboys' in the trade and so your question makes a lot of sense.
Surely someone else has had a good experience and can give positive ratings on a decent scaffolding firm they can recommend?

PaulPaul

Re: Scaffolders Richard please contact me re a scaffolding job, I’ve lost your number

Postby PaulPaul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Richard wrote:If anyone is having problems with Scaffolders, please let me know.
You can message me if you prefer.

Would the person who tried messaging me recently please message me again, this time with a contact email, as I did not receive a message on the website, and there was no email address in the notification.

Thanks,
Richard

Return to “Local Traders, good and bad”