Eating Out

Share your experiences of local businesses - recommend or discourage!
number9

Re: Eating Out

Postby number9 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 pm

yes, I agree but about 80 yds along, nearly opposite the pier is the White Rock Hotel and they always seem to have customers sitting outside especially on sunny days. Also I have noticed just at the end of Robertson Street is " Trinity Townhouse " a burger bar & grill who have put quite a few tables on the street which were mainly full when I passed by.
Maybe that's what the problem is as people now seem to prefer to sit at tables outside a restaurant. You just need to take a look at George street in the old town to see how buzzy it has become and to have a drink & snack it can be hard sometimes to find an empty table when it is sunny or warm.

seahermit

Re: Eating Out

Postby seahermit » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Amidst this strange, variable weather, yesterday afternoon decided to be hot and sunny and I ended up hanging out for a while by the Goat Ledge cafe. It really is nice, all the huts are gaily painted, the staff are welcoming (and service good) - I scoffed an ice cream and dozed off on the beach! It was idyllic - why did nobody before have the imagination to brighten up that whole area? I am told that the food is good, will confirm later - the cafe is very popular.

At the other end at White Rock, there is that ghastly wooden "cafe" (raised up on a wooden platform - why?) - ugly wooden bench seating too, I think it can only be something erected by a local council! Doesn't at all fit in at a seaside resort.

Return to “Local Traders, good and bad”