Calais Immigrants

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
OllyMkII

Re: Calais Immigrants

Postby OllyMkII » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 am

Richard wrote:If Cameron wants to renegotiate our membership of the EU then he needs to get cast-iron pledges to set an EU system up and running to process the immigrants correctly, or else we can expect to be invaded year on year thanks to the inability of member countries to tackle the situation.
Currently the EU is too pre-occupied in keeping Greece involved in their precious Euro currency whilst allowing it to play games at the EU's great expense.

And yet the EU Project seemed such a good idea at the time. (like hell it did! Although it certainly was/is for the has-been politicos plus friends and family members at the end of their domestic sinecures - a future happy hunting ground to resume taking money from us poor bloody taxpayers 'who work hard and do the right thing' as the infuriatingly condescending mantra goes? :x ). Oh well, there's sod all we can do about it.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:14 pm

But there is, you can vote to leave the EU.

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:40 am

Richard wrote:But there is, you can vote to leave the EU.

Would that there was a party to vote for which was willing to take us out. But apart from UKIP the entire establishment, politicians and elitists, are hell-bent on keeping us in, hence the austerity - our subscriptions to Le Grand Projet must be paid on time or we'll be 'fined' much like the French were fined for refusing to lift their ban on British beef way back in the mists of time (I wonder if they ever paid it? If they did I'll eat my favourite cardigan). But I digress: The only hope is when it crashes and burns, as it surely will given the out-of-control immigration issue and the imminent collapse of the Euro. And if it wasn't for the dire implications for us I'd say Bring it on.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:32 am

The UK is set to have a referendum by the end of 2017 on whether or not to remain a member of the European Union.
What is happening?
The Conservatives' election manifesto promised to hold a referendum (a nationwide vote) on whether or not the UK should stay in or leave the European Union. They won the election so it's all systems go.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”