what are your biggest electricity costs ?

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Re: what are your biggest electricity costs ?

Postby Richard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:00 pm

an interesting energy supplier with a 'green' option for 100% green energy, although that costs more, of course.

http://www.ovoenergy.com/

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:34 am

cbe wrote:I am a little concerned about posting under my wife's sign-in name BUT
all this waffle drives me MAD......
The Earth warms up and the Earth cools down(albeit over a very long period)
it is a natural cycle... There IS a chance that man has an effect but I think we
are talking of a thimbleful in a very large lagoon.

We have become prisoners of the 'Green' agenda , even though most of us do not
vote for the Green party.
Wind turbines are both pointless and expensive, solar panels ,apart from being
hideous take decades to 'pay their way'.
Why does the Green agenda hold sway in this country?
I will not try to open up the debate about why all the people who doubt the current party line are closed down but please think about that point.
From MR cbe

This is a good post: As to wind turbines being expensive - just wait until they start falling to bits, as things constantly exposed to the elements have a habit of doing - especially the off-shore ones. The cost of repairs/replacement will far exceed the value of the power they've generated. And the next scam waiting in the wings? Why fracking, of course. As I often say - What do you do if you want to become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams? Answer, get a government contract for something or other, and you'll soon be the beneficiary of an embarrassment of riches thanks to the hard-pressed taxpayers of this dysfunctional land of ours. Politicians like nothing better than chucking our money around.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Wind Turbines are probably not cost-efficient but the gov't is required to use them as part of a mix of alternatives to hydrocarbon burning.
Yes! there will be chums of the P.M. who benefit as has always been the case.
They are seen to be acceptable in U.S.A. - Texas where they make a change from thousands of 'nodding donkey' oil-well pumps on the landscape.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”