Stop the mass immigration into our town. And country.

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
BorninHastings

Stop the mass immigration into our town. And country.

Postby BorninHastings » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:23 pm

This probably does not fall under general Hastings chat and friendly banter but oh well. I am seeking like minded people to join me in a political discussion group. I am hoping to engage with people, who like me, have had enough of our town being subjected to mass immigration by our government. Hastings will in the not so distant future be inundated with migrants, making it demographically unrecognisable. This is not just a local issue but one that affects the whole country. Our successive governments has for decades now had an open door immigration policy and now with the situation in Hungary and the Balkans sees millions of economic migrants on their way to Europe it is very important that we have a strong opposition to more mass immigration. A resurgent Labour is saying we should be taking more and more migrants. The conservatives are just as reckless and seemingly oblivious to the rapidly changing demographics of England in particular. I hope to create a counter demonstration to the huge pro immigration rallies that have been taking place across the country. Please join me in a discussion on here. Let me know your thoughts on this issue. Even if you disagree with this post. Thanks and kind regards.

Richard

Re: Stop the mass immigration into our town. And country.

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't mind immigrants if they integrate well and are hard-working, some of our own are just too lazy or disaffected to stir themselves into action.
London seems more vibrant for the multi-cultural mix and works quite well with it.
You get some various issues, of course, over claims that our jobs are being taken and certainly foreign criminal gangs operate in Oxford Street and the Undergrounds.
Once you get into naming Races that do drugs a lot, or are more likely to commit crimes, then you run into accusations of Racism, for example "Why do the Police apprehend more Black males than White?" Too many refugees of a certain background attracting notoriety
Jewish immigrants don't seem to cause any problems here and are general very successful.
So, it's not easy or sensible to tar 'immigrants' all with the same brush and immigrants are seen as beneficial if they fill a gap, say, in the NHS, although our gov'ts have presided over a lack of U.K. trained Nurses and Doctors in the first place and many have left their jobs to be re-employed at higher wages via Agencies who can pull foreign workers in and command higher fees.
You could also criticise the flow from the EU Eastern European countries where immigrants are from such poor countries that they will work for low wages, or the ones who come here because we have free health care and child-allowance.
You could also criticise the Trade Unions and the infiltration of Marxist ideologies which damaged Merchant Shipping and Automobile manufacture, leading to virtually all our cars and merchant ships now being operated by foreign companies.

On the whole we need some controls over numbers (impossible as we are in the EU) and controls over the types of immigrants generally.
It was amazing to my mind that many of the recent escapees from Syria demanded to go to a particular country and the countries they first set foot into were naturally glad to be able to pass them on whilst the EU has no clear policy for dealing with mass- immigration, as it was not originally set up for such purposes in the first place.

The Australian authorities take a very hard line on immigration, but then they are not part of the EU or run by intellectual do-gooders (as in this country) who still have a guilt-complex over the British Empire raping minerals and resources from foreign countries and enslaving their occupants.
Well, we did of course but what about a bit of balance stating the massive amounts of slavery, in the past, in Africa by Muslims, and the good we did by building Sanitation and Railways as well as Schools and a Civil Service, in for example, India.
We had missionaries in Africa, which were probably misguided, but if the Muslims had got in and started destroying all the local culture, we would be all the poorer, witness the havoc caused in some parts of Africa by rampant Muslim groups in recent times.

The fact that we had a history in many 'foreign' countries may influence our attitude to immigration but it doesn't mean we should be a soft-touch' without ensuring adequate vetting of would-be immigrants.
Last edited by Richard on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Great topic guys, but i'm going to move it into non-Hastings chat if that's okay?

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:36 pm

It's a 'thumbs up' from me !!

OllyMkII

Postby OllyMkII » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:24 am

If the Germans are happy to take half a million immigrants a year ad infinitum then why shouldn't they. I think they must be barmy and will live to regret it, but if they don't care about mosques on every strasse corner, amplified calls to prayer 5 times a day at a squillion dB, resentment from those who can't find jobs, or can only find low-paid work when they see all that prosperity around them but can't afford to share in it, I'm afraid civil unrest will be the result, and in very short time. Other Euro-countries' leaders know better than Merkel does about how much their infrastructures can cope with, and how much housing stock is available, therefore should be free to take in as many as they believe they can comfortably absorb, and she should poke out of it. Her arrogance in pontificating about 'quotas', and cynically playing the 'guilt card' for all she's worth is quite revealing.

The wheels are coming off the EU bandwagon, and not a moment too soon!

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:38 am

It's a bit of a humanitarian crisis when thousands of refugees and economic migrants turn up on your doorstep as a country, do you just take them in or push them back to another member country?
The EU grew too fast and admitted too many member countries, especially in Eastern Europe where there is already a great difference between wealthy Germany and the UK and much poorer countries like Hungary and Rumania, encouraging migration of an economic and entirely legitimate kind.
This was bad enough and now with boat smugglers dumping refugees (by any other name) on our (EU) shores we are well and truly snookered.
Germany certainly needs to think a bit deeper than requiring quotas, which is only a sticking plaster solution.

roy

Postby roy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 pm

The Eurostat group have said that 75% of those coming to Europe are economic migrants as has the Slovakia pm he even went further and said 95 % were economic migrants, time to remove all of them and scrap Schengen and all that goes with it.
Europe is at the last chance saloon, it either protects is identity and culture or it becomes Islamic and all the terror that will bring ,either way this country had over 600,000 immigrants come here last year, and if the people keep voting for the big 3 parties then the country is finished,simple as that.

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:52 pm

It is difficult to leave the countries, whose shores are the dumping-ground, to pick up all the problems arising.
They would just have to build massive refugee camps and process the immigrants properly, before deciding whether to ship them back again, and receive funding from Brussels for everything.
The French can't seem to ship the immigrants out of Calais (over the last number of years) so what chance of that elsewhere?
Probably the European Court of Human Rights would step in and prevent them from being thrown back to where they came from anyway.
If they have thrown away their passports it is difficult to find out if they are genuine refugees or economic migrants?

The only answer I can see is to crack down on the people-smugglers by patrolling the seaways around the relevant exodus countries and imagine the expense and effort of all that.

No easy answer I'm afraid.

roy

Postby roy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:27 pm

If they have thrown away their passports then send them back to the place they entered from namely France,the French should be processing these people,but they would rather leave it so they can keep coming here or trying to every night.
Same with Greece,they should have gunboats in the areas where they are coming from like Bodrum and other Turkish beaches and turn them round just like the Aussies do,and if need be the rest of Europe should provide the help required,it can be done with the political will just like the Aussies have.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”