Britex

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Britex

Postby Richard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Looks like it's going to be May's Deal, No Deal or two years extension to work out another Deal!
Actually May's Deal looks dead (defeated twice) and No Deal is off the table but technically still possible if nothing else works.
We certainly shouldn't have to sit this one out for another two years which may come to nothing again.
Remaining is now not an option if democracy is to be preserved.

We have to get out asap!

seahermit

Re: Britex

Postby seahermit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:24 pm

I always felt that it would probably end in no deal - in a sense I was right, what an almighty cock-up on the part of politicians! They have had two years to sort it out and find an area of common agreement. A failure of leadership and a statement about the quality of politicians we have currently. They don't represent the people, they represent their own personal ambitions and factional interests.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm

We voted to leave, that was the democratic wish of the people as repeatedly stated by Farage and whether we like him or not he is a clever populist.
A deal was really not on the cards until T. May replaced 'call me Dave' who ran away after losing the referendum result he had wanted.
Nobody likes May's deal and we need a cross-party agreement on any future deal - as if we've not had enough already!
I see no point in a deal, with the EU still pulling the strings, we should come out totally.
I don't want us to be sitting in a half-way house for ever and a day!

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Now we have an attempt to gain a cross-party decision on Britex (Brexit) the Tory Brexiteers are all up in arms.
Surely the Brexit process should have non-partisan in the first place?
Corbyn has always voted to leave the Eu but has not been consulted by T. May up until the last minute.
More delays and shenanigans to follow!

northants1066

Postby northants1066 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Should we participate in the European Parliament Elections? My personal thoughts are that it should not even have come to this. We should have sorted everything by now and have left on 29th March. As much as I admire my local (Northants) MP's who have all voted Leave I do believe they have been too obstinate in defeating Mrs. Mays Deal and have now led us into an absolute mess and with the real threat of No Deal,not Leaving at all or another referendum. And even worse we are now relying on Corbyn, the most pathetic leader of any party in British history to get us out.

Is participating in the Euro Elections such a bad idea? If Nigel Farage can galvanise his Leave Party to select candidates in everyone one of the 75 constituencies we will at least be able to elect members who represent US in Bruxelles and its sends an unequivocable message to the heart of the EU that we still want out. Obviously we would not win every seat but the number of votes cast for Leave candidates would be very significant and I am sure at least a dozen MEP's could be elected. We know the EU are dreading us electing anti EU candidates so lets send a clear message to Tusk, Juncker, Barmier and the rest.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”