Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
cbe

Re: Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

Postby cbe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:41 am

haha .. But seahermit you do realise don't you that the great man himself says 'We won the argument but failed to convert it into a majority'

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 pm

He also said that he was proud of the manifesto which "will be seen as historically important". All part of the denial mentality. Proud of a failure?! Durhh .. The manifesto was a fantasy - rather different to reality, and to historical fact.

Jo Swinson, whom I detested, was also "proud of her campaign". Politicians with that kind of contempt for what the electorate are clamouring for are doomed to eventually get their come-uppance. As we have seen.

cbe

Postby cbe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Oh dear, oh dear. oh dear (by the way Lisa Nandy need to be added to these Labour leadership wannabees)
Attachments
lab.PNG

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:50 am

What disturbs me at present is that several contenders for leadership are straight from the "Old Guard" who led Labour into the election disaster in the first place. There needs to be a complete clear-out of old unworkable policies and the attitudes which promoted them - as Blair, Hodge and numerous others are demanding.

But how easy is it for that to happen? The power structure in Labour is quite different to those in other parties and the hard left-wing has manoeuvred itself firmly into the whole party membership. I fear there will be a protracted upheaval within the party, before it is clear what kind of opposition party Labour presents itself as in the future.

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Sorry - I can't help myself
Attachments
sale.PNG

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:17 pm

I've been racking my brains as to how this change could have come about
Attachments
London.PNG
London.PNG (7.86 KiB) Viewed 3460 times

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 am

Re: Labour's "Old Guard" still in charge, Emily Thornberry is just one good example. Front bencher, very much anti-Brexit and demanding a second referendum. She got everything wrong. Why does she have the arrogance to think it ok to run as leader .. and just pick up Corbyn's reins?

Nothing has changed so far in the Labour party mentality. It will be a long, painful road before the party realises it has GOT to change it's whole philosophy, in order to make itself attractive to the electorate.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”