Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
seahermit

Re: Corbyn will never be Prime Minister

Postby seahermit » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:38 am

I don't think I have ever encountered someone as strange as Colin!

Where on earth did I say that constituents' difficulties "cannot be achieved by Labour"? The answer is nowhere, because Colin did not read my post properly!

The Oxford English Dictionary without doubt probably defines "claptrap" as "The sort of pronouncements made by the world's barrack-room lawyers such as Colin" (joke, Colin, in case you missed it ..)

My criticism of high-sounding gobbledygook like "vision for a more compassionate cohesive society" is attributed by Colin to my wearing of "hate spectacles". No, Colin, it is not hate. It is fair criticism of the claptrap which you and other dedicated left-wingers are coming out with.

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 pm

"claptrap" despite your protestations, remains a word unsuitable for debate of issues on its own. It is usual to provide discussion before or after its use otherwise you are not identifying what it is that troubles you.

As I said you failed to identify what the 'everyday difficulties' consist. Merely using the word clap trap does not take the discussion forward. I note again that you are slipping into ad hominem in the absence of argument

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 am

Theater slang, c. 1730, from clap +‎ trap, referring to theatrical techniques or gags used to incite applause, and by extension, populist rhetoric, commonly used by political leaders to imply 'us' the people versus 'them' the corrupt elite.
More and more mainstream politicians are using “pro-people” and/or “anti-elite” rhetoric worldwide, to win voters, be it in S. America, Turkey, the U.S.A. or the U.K.

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am

This probably is the reason that the title of this thread is accurate.
Attachments
5pm.PNG

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:45 pm

I love it - "gags used to excite applause and, by extension, populist rhetoric". That means that around 1730 there were already people like Jeremy Corbyn! And of course camp acolytes like Colin!

But Richard .. what are you thinking of? You haven't quoted sources. No facts, no statistics, no proper argument, just your personal OPINION I tell you. Colin will walk all over you!!

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:58 pm

As I have previously commented in order for a joke to be funny It should be as close to fact as possible. Do you know anything about people's varied working hours? Obviously not, otherwise you would not have spent time designing your little cartoon.

You were not paying attention when pictures were shown of queues of young people on their way to work at 7.30 this morning waiting to vote. I expect a large number of them were going to vote Labour; you often castigate young people as being layabouts and not getting up till noon. You really must work harder on your technique of denigrating those who reject your values.

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Unlike you, Richard is giving an opinion of something he is not suggesting it is unchallengable. You quite often claim something is factually and undeniably true; for example you claimed that I did know people who did not, and had no intention of working. You were claiming fact. Richard sources a lot of his contributions from wiki and other sites and gives attribution. I have rarely if ever seen any sourcing from you from any credible publications.

How on earth you think you can assume you know my knowledge is beyond me and I suspect most people.

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Calm down dear - not long to wait now for the appointing of your chosen one.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 am

From the six results declared so far and from the exit polls, it is looking very much as if Labour's Chosen One will not be appointed/annointed any time soon. Of course, anything can still happen, but Richard's original prediction, which started this thread, may well come true.

Massive queue this evening at the polling station, 15 minutes before I could vote. I have never known any queue in my life before, amazing. A lot of passionate (or angry?) people out there.

Turnout in Swindon North was 67%. Goodness! Speaks for itself.

cbe

Postby cbe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:48 am

Richard's title for the thread was indeed accurate but I hope he doesn't
mind me saying that only Corbyn and Colin thought otherwise.

By the way - has anyone checked on Colin at this troubling time?

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”