The most beautiful sights you have witnessed

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

The most beautiful sights you have witnessed

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:20 pm

What are the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
I have seen so many:
Birds displaying dazzling colourful plumage and elaborate mating dances, the beauty of flowers - their scent, colours and forms, a night sky teeming with a huge cauldron of stars in Spain.
Some forms of poetry, a girl a boy, looking into their eyes or seeing the sun shining out of children's eyes in ripples of pure joy.
A memorable sunset or the spoken voice can all be wondrous and captivating.

A bit grotty today though with the wind blowing a hooley and the rugby going down the pan.
Never mind, plenty of good things still to come.

ColinL

Re: The most beautiful sights you have witnessed

Postby ColinL » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:03 pm

The best times of year for me are spring for the sights of the new flowers poking up through the earth to eventually result in carpets of colour over grassy banks, on roundabouts and to stop and admire in peoples gardens. Early this year walking from Belsay Hall to Castle in February/March I caught the aroma of Jasmine and thought that someone must have overdone their spray. A few yards on I found that a bush was starting to bloom.

The second best time is about a month before now as the colours turn and the trees take on a wholly different look. In Canada, the vastness of the country makes a wonderful scene of the Fall driving through the forests. I understand Hastings has been wet and windy

Derek Jempson

Postby Derek Jempson » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:45 pm

On one occasion when I was a small boy (probably about six years old), I walked home with my parents and sister after visiting my grandparents. It was a December evening around Christmas time and there was even snow on the ground, so there was a feeling of magic for me. We reached the highest part of Filsham Road and looking up I could see countless stars and the sweep of the Milky Way.

I doubt if I have seen as many stars since then (about 1953). Nowadays, light pollution is so bad that I count myself lucky if I can see the constellation Orion on a clear night.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes!
As Oscar Wilde might have said 'we are all in the gutter of mundane reality but some of us can see the beauty of what is really out there'.
Or words to that effect.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”