Labour - a rethink

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Re: Labour - a rethink

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 am

Plus 'Trenitalia', the Italian state-owned entity, encompasses 'Avanti' which now has a 30% stake in what was formerly Virgin Rail's West coast franchise.

cbe

Postby cbe » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 pm

It would seem that Keir never got to see the memo. There is NO
anti-semitism in the Labour Party
Attachments
but but but.PNG

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:38 pm

There is still some confusion surrounding anti-semitism and anti-zionism.
French President Emmanuel Macron made international headlines last year for condemning anti-Zionism as a “reinvented form of anti-Semitism”
“I don’t think that criminalising anti-Zionism is a good solution,” he said. “Those who want Israel to disappear are the same people who want to attack Jews.”

cbe

Postby cbe » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:59 pm

But Starmer was very clear in what he meant - so no confusion with him.

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm

cbe again spreading propaganda.

No one that I am aware of in the leadership or in the rank and file has never said there is no antisemitism in the party. In an organisation of half a million members there will be instances, and when they are reported are dealt with. What is disputed is whether there is a 'crisis'. As I have repeatedly explained, but has been ignored by you and the other propagandist, there was a supposed 'crisis' when Miliband was leader. The Jewish Chronicle ran several headline stories. After the Board of Deputies lobbied Miliband to water down his support of a Palestinian state, the 'crisis' disappeared without any mass expulsions. No further articles in the Chronicle. They tried the same under current party leadership and members but we refused to be bullied to change policy.

Another example: someone supportive of the Jewish Labour Movement leaked 45 internal complaint files stating they were serious cases of antisemitism. and ambushed the Met Commissioner on air and demanded to know what she was going to do about it. The Met investigated and have sent five files to the CPS. Hardly crisis level. The party has expelled about a dozen people and around the same number resigned when confronted with complaints. Five out of 45, out of half a million, hardly crisis level.

Rather than making silly little quips, perhaps you might like to debate facts, rather than as you usually do, claim that opinion is gospel truth.

ps
Starmer has failed to explain what this 'doing enough' is supposed to be.
He has also today suggested that he wants to do the very thing that the JLM & BoD has said Corbyn should not do, and that is be given all complaint files , make expedited decisions and do it through his office. Do you support leaders making quick decisions on complaints and if so which leader should be able to do it and why? What is wrong with having a department independent of the leader making decisions? Be careful you don't trip yourself up.

You should not be attempting to make a joke about this serious issue given that there were numerous vandalism attacks in London on the last day of Hanukka

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:38 pm

It seems cbe thinks there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party. Would you care to explain?
Last edited by ColinL on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbe

Postby cbe » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:46 am

So pleased with your diatribe you thought it worth a second showing Colin? Just a joke - I have done that myself.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 am

Like ferrets in a sack
Attachments
clive.PNG

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Mr Lewis said: "I have never said that it is because of my colour that I am not being nominated by my parliamentary colleagues but what I was saying is if you want to understand why we haven’t had a woman, why we haven’t had a person of colour as leader of the Labour party then we have to look at the entirety of the issue which is that those structural issues do exist."
Structural sexism and racism.

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Indeed Richard - attached is the printed text - he doesn't think the PLP is 'overtly' racist but since Labour have not appointed a person of colour and since it is the PLP who get you on the ballot paper.......go figure.

It could, of course, be that the PLP think he isn't up to the job, but that thought seems not to have entered his head,
Attachments
lewis.PNG

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”