Tabloid press

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
cbe

Re: Tabloid press

Postby cbe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Colin - you really are comedy gold - constantly frothing at the mouth and producing all kinds of red herrings and then have the temerity to call me an angry old person.
I can send loads of photos and press reports about Corbyn AND McDonnall and their IRA connections/sympathies but these would not be prooooof !! If I was someone in the public eye and the press said such things about me I would take them to court. Can you remind how many times Mr Corbyn has done that?
Attachments
jc8a.PNG
mm2.PNG

ColinL

Postby ColinL » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Oh you are comedy gold. You have still not explained why you need to put so many oooooos in one word, and then yet add another word with too many ooooooos, but go bleating on about what this person claims to have said about that person, ad infinitum........

An MP invites someone who had been convicted of an offence and served their sentence to the House of Commons 'shock'

A PM (Thatcher) invites convicted criminal to tea (Mandela) at No Ten ,shock.and then he pops into Buck House for a chat with Mrs Windsor, double shock.

Do you not see why readers might find you a little juvenile and simplistic in your comments?

Now, do you actually have anything to say about the cases where the press has openly lied about Mr Corbyn, or are lies quite acceptable to you as long as they support your prejudice?

This message thread is about deliberately false press stories. If you want to start one about 'scandals that I like to read', then please do so.

Was it you in Norwich stirring up prejudice amongst East Anglians?

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi Colin - your blather stopped you quoting where Mr Corbyn (that friend of England) has sued
anyone in the press for their (surely) scandalous claims.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Adults, including politicians need to be able to deal with insults and bias (Left and Right) in the everyday Press coverage.
If sentiments turn into outright allegations, that overstep the mark, then Lawyers can be invoked. But does it really solve anything to seek legal redress at each and every opportunity?

cbe

Postby cbe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Absolutely not - but when you are the leader of a party and hope to be Prime Minister I doubt very much of you would let slurs such as 'siding with the enemy' go so easily.

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 pm

Much of the criticism directed at Corbyn focuses on his relationship with Sinn Féin in the 1980s and 90s. During the 2017 general election campaign, Boris Johnson tweeted a photo of Corbyn with Martin McGuinness in 1995, deriding his claim to have never met the IRA: “You cannot trust this man!” By the time that photo was taken, the Sinn Féin leader, Gerry Adams, had already shaken hands with the then US president, Bill Clinton; two years later, McGuinness would be a guest in Downing Street. It has been widely reported that Adams and McGuinness were still members of the IRA’s army council at the time. But Clinton, Tony Blair and the Unionist leader David Trimble all held talks with them in their capacity as Sinn Féin politicians – a distinction vital for the entire peace process.
Polls suggested that the majority of people agreed with the Labour leader that terrorist attacks on British soil were connected, at least in part, to the country’s foreign policy.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 am

and yet..and yet.. those same people will not vote for the Corbyns of this world. I admire you Richard, in that you are always prepared to look at the most favourable side of anyone and anything, but you have an impossible job trying to remove the nasty taste left by Corbyn and his beliefs

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am

You might also like to consider this - not something Boris Johnson is highlighting - but I am
Attachments
jc10a.PNG

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:46 am

Corbyn tried to see both sides of the argument and then the Press selectively presents certain aspects of that 'agenda'.
Is the partitioning of Ireland a long-term solution?
Is the partitioning of Palestine a solution at all?
The U.S. supported the IRA at one time, until they also brokered the 'Good Friday' agreement.
Since 1965 US$3 billion in grants annually have been sent to Israel. Almost all US aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance, while in the past it also received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel receiving benefits not available to other countries.
Israel military only allows a certain limited amount of food and water to neighbouring Arabs and often labels groups who show support for Palestinians as terrorists.
Corbyn condemned the Afghan and Iraq wars, elsewhere pointing out issues beyond what the tabloid press immediately sees as alarming quotes.
The turkeys have now come to haunt us on the streets, but are we not partly to blame?

I don't support all of Corbyn's views but why not debate the imbalance that has created problems around the world and rely less on gut-feeling stirred up by a vehicle which supplies 'the opium of the masses'?
Then you have domestic issues such as child exploitation and who or what to blame and that Royal chump, Andrew, who seems pretty dumb and was seen digging his own grave in public until 'the family' took him off the scene.

cbe

Postby cbe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:54 am

But without any sidetracking please - Corbyn's views are and have always been toxic. If there are two sides to ANY argument he will take the side opposing this country - you may well want to see that as 'seeing both sides' I see it as anti-British. Remember, this from a man who would like to lead this country - he NEVER had a chance on that score. That would not be because us little people are stupid are taken in by the MSM in this country, but that we have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”