Favourite Adverts

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Favourite Adverts

Postby Richard » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:06 pm

This one amuses me quite a lot, it's just so silly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_vOtgdBzk

Derek Jempson

Re: Favourite Adverts

Postby Derek Jempson » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Yes, I like all the adverts of that kind - amusing, entertaining and well acted, but why are toothpaste adverts always so naff?

Richard

Re: Favourite Adverts

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 pm

The tooth care adverts often force the viewer into a painful corner and give them a lecture.
They are poorly thought out and make exaggerated claims.
The irritating voice is a real turn-off.

Hair adverts always seem to promote some pseudo-scientific sounding ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, bioactive glycoproteins, or bio-peptides, which are all complete nonsense.

Beauty product adverts usually target women who are vulnerable to flattery and false claims in the belief that a product (a certain 'snake-oil') will restore lost youth.

Slimming adverts also play on fears, the only memorable one was for Nimble Bread:
One of the most iconic adverts of the early 1970s, featuring Nimble girl Emily Jones precariously balanced on a balloon, flying over ludicrously high landscapes, promoting Nimble Bread to the strains of Honeybus' 1968 hit - "I Can't Let Maggie Go". A 1968 hit by British pop combo Honeybus, which featured the line ‘She flies like a bird in the sky’.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”