Harry and Meghan interview

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
seahermit

Re: Harry and Meghan interview

Postby seahermit » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:48 am

I did not make my remarks about Richard lightly. I appreciate that my words were strong but I remain appalled by what I see as personal and denigratory attacks on the integrity and characters of Harry and Megan - which I believe to be completely unjustified by evidence and verging on abusive.

There is NO need for that kind of derogatory language in what should be a straightforward and respectful debate of the issues.

I really think this argument should be ended and thrown into the trash can.

number9

Postby number9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:22 am

seahermit wrote:I really think this argument should be ended and thrown into the trash can.

Yes you are probably right maybe this topic should come to an end.

Yes your words were strong and nothing is wrong with giving honesty & forthright remarks.
I like reading the posts that both you guys give as they are usually quite detailed and reading
the differences of opinion can make the topics more interesting.
To be honest, if it wasn't for you and Richard & UncleB posting frequently, this forum would be hardly worth visiting (my opinion)and falling into decline. Its a shame more members don't post.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 am

Our seahermit is famous for calling me all manner of weird and wonderful names.
On just about every topic he has a tendency to be disagreeable.
Often coming round to thinking differently later down the line.
We let him blow off steam and find a better frame of mind.

No views are correct, we are just talking as we would in a pub.
I think that's what we need.
A pub!

1 quart

Postby 1 quart » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

when mentioning Harry’s either ill or well-fitting suits i thought it might have been to link to Ms Markle’s acting role in the American TV series of that name

in 2015 there was a play performed at the Globe revealing that Hewitt met Diana 18 months before Harry was born

i wondered if the monarchy and its people ought be concerning themselves with the colour of skin or blood

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Number9, I really appreciate your sincere remarks about the forum. It is difficult for me because, yes, I do have very strong feelings where unjust things are said or done. There is enough injustice in the world without adding to it with uncharitable and offensive language.

The whole point about this thread, which Richard ignores, is that we are not talking about mere differences in opinion. I regard some of Richard's statements about the royal couple as being completely out of order, derogatory, belittling the issues involved and full of inaccuracies.

The people I talk to in the pub are much less bigoted and very much nicer than Richard is showing himself currently. If he expressed his views in that same manner in the pub, I suspect I wouldn't be the first to ensure that he had to wash the beer out of his hair when he got home!

number9

Postby number9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 pm

1 quart wrote:in 2015 there was a play performed at the Globe revealing that Hewitt met Diana 18 months before Harry was born

Is that so ? To think that I was under the impression that only Shakespeares plays were performed at the Globe. Good to learn something new.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:44 pm

seahermit,

You assume the pub will be full of people who love the royal family?
You assume I will have beer poured over my hair.
I disagree, people talk openly and don't resort to wasting beer over opinions.

As for what I have said that you find offensive because it belittles the issues involved.
People in everyday life have issues because of money, prejudice and the like.
Why should Harry and Meghan be any different.

You make inaccurate assertions that the argument has swiftly deteriorated into a vehicle for one person's apparent animosity and resentment towards the Royal family.
Not true!
I have stated that the Queen has never put a foot wrong.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Off my head, a thoroughly nasty person, curmudgeonly, misogynistic and bigoted.
That is quite some accusation - you will be calling me a 'queer' next or a 'faggot' perhaps?

Where does it all end?

number9

Postby number9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:08 pm

I think it should end now Richard. You have both made your feelings clear and more posts might only add fuel to the fire.

I actually wanted to bring up a couple of things about the interview that I found odd but making another post might possibly exacerbate things so perhaps we should follow seahermits suggestion at the top of the page and make no further comments on this topic.

There are many other things we can chat about and one subject I intend to bring up is the huge increase in dog napping which causes a huge upset for any dog owner but maybe more so for the elderly living alone with only their dog for company.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Yes! For what is the point of being subjected to abuse here?
Time and again.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”