Covid vaccination Passport

If it's not Hastings related post it here! Politics, religion, whatever you like!
Richard

Covid vaccination Passport

Postby Richard » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:54 pm

Are we here in the U.K. about to follow the U.S. example and impose restrictions on those who have not had the vaccine?
The Communicable Disease Center (CDC) in America has lightened travel restrictions for those who have been vaccinated.

seahermit

Re: Covid vaccination Passport

Postby seahermit » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am

In my view, it is highly irresponsible (to the community at large) for some people to refuse the vaccination (apart of course from the fact that they are also endangering their own lives) There was some African leader who claimed that the Covid pandemic was a myth .. he died of Covid recently!

In my case, I have to say that this has been one of the most problematic years for a long time. Been lucky in that so far I have had no bad symptoms .. but a great deal of hassle in other ways, including the extreme difficulty of getting access to healthcare with all the obstacles put in place.

I have received a mobile text message (with a link) prompting me to arrange another Covid vaccination at Hastings Centre .. but the link does not work (it did previously on my computer). The text message is "No Reply" - there is a phone number but I have difficulty using a phone.

So, I tried to log into my Carisbrooke surgery account .. and they have changed the system (for about the third time) - you now have to create a long password with capitals, numerals etc., so I had to start again with a new password. Once I got into the website, there was no email address, no number for text-messaging, no way at all of contacting them apart from by phone .. which I cannot use (and which they know about).

So, it is hard to see how to contact anybody. I did once write a letter to Carisbrooke explaining the difficulties. They were quite shirty about the letter and didn't offer me any alternative ideas at all. The whole system seems to have become much more bureaucratic and impersonal, with no allowance for individual circumstances.

There has been quite a lot in the media about problems being stored up for the future, because of discouraging people from visiting doctors. I think they are waiting until a patient is almost dying before they do something!

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:02 am

try phoning NHS 119 to see if they can help.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:09 am

Not one of your brightest suggestions, Richard, in view of what I said before .. but thanks anyway!

I use a smartphone for the internet and a small Doro phone (the only one I can hear) for my phone calls (not many of those, only as a last resort).

But the text containing the link for booking my next Covid jab was sent to the Doro (not connected to internet). So, I tried forwarding the text to my smartphone and then clicking on it there - to my amazement it worked! Never clicked on any link in a text message before, I thought links only worked in emails - obviously some complex machinery buried inside the smartphone.

After all that, when I accessed the booking website, no bookings left! I need to try again another day ..

It's a slight hassle having two mobiles around, but it works for me and the Samsung phone is indispensible - I often spend more time on that than on the PC.

I have no idea what other people with hearing problems do - I do have a publisher friend who cannot use a phone at all, but she is fortunate in having helpful kids around ..

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 am

Sorry seahermit - I forgot you had difficulty using a phone.

Return to “Non-Hastings Chat”