Patchy mobile coverage in Hastings/St Leonards

Computers, Internet, Mobile, TV, Audio etc - Help & advice on your tech questions.
moonjiver

Patchy mobile coverage in Hastings/St Leonards

Postby moonjiver » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this, or useful experience?

My Samsung is on the Three network, which has cheap PAYG tarrifs but the signal often disappears for a while in St Leonards (and Three is unobtainable in the Old Town) - irritating but not a big problem, because I mainly use the phone for internet only. But the poor coverage is why I have been reluctant to commit to a contract.

However, I have been unable to use the phone for most of this week in St Leonards - sometimes the signal comes back for an hour in the evening or briefly if I go into Hastings.

Very bad and no point in having an expensive smartphone if it won't connect. Obviously there must be some problem with the local mast, but I am now fed up enough to be looking at other networks. My other phone is on O2, more expensive but seems to be a very reliable signal. I had problems with the Vodafone signal in St L once, don't know how good they are these days. EE are ok maybe but they have a poor reputation for customer service!

I'll have to make a decision soon, any bright ideas please?

moonjiver

Re: Patchy mobile coverage in Hastings/St Leonards

Postby moonjiver » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Postscript to the above. They do have a problem - the Warrior Square mast (didn't know there was one) is out of action. But after four days, they don't know when it will be fixed.

Does it really take so long in modern times to sort out a thing like this? What do small businessess do, and other people who rely upon their mobiles/tablets to keep in touch?

Never so far had that sort of delay with O2, so I'm probably going to do a switch!

Return to “Technology Chat”