Into the unknown .. with a blog/website

Computers, Internet, Mobile, TV, Audio etc - Help & advice on your tech questions.
cbe

Re: Into the unknown .. with a blog/website

Postby cbe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:49 am

Are you well Richard? I wasn't making a 'nice try' I was posting to seahermit to let him/her know I would be interested in links regarding Hastings writings ? Do not try to drag me in to your childishness

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 pm

I am absolutely on top form cbe - thanks for your genuine enquiry.
Currently buying a second property in Hastings.
I am not quite sure why you side with the seahermit and his barbed 'little miss on the shelf' tongue. A 'Kenneth Williams' type with a bitter twist.
seahermit has posted no clear links to his poetry/writings whatsoever, as should have become apparent by now.
Merely indicates that anyone who pokes about online can find them.
He dismisses my help on his meandering questions, that shift in the sand to suit his agenda, as being clear evidence that I do not know what I am talking about.
States that his brother knows more about publishing than do I.
Along the lines of 'my dad is bigger than yours'.
How puerile is that - I ask myself.

Instead of spitting out his dummy at any opportunity that arises, he should ignore what displeases him, and yet he is too mean-minded to act like either a gentleman or a scholar.
seahermit is an ex-public schoolboy who doesn't like to be challenged and seeks admiration from those who he can draw into his circle.
I have many times tried to be reasonable but nothing pleases the viper.
I rest my case, abuse me as you wish, I note how you both treated/abused ColinL.
And for what?

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 pm

"I have to say that I do rather despise the 'computer jockey's who think they can ask for the exact nuggets of information they think they need in order to ride off to instant success.
With no training in good design ... they instantly cry out in frustration ..."

COMPUTER JOCKEY

Computer Jockey is my name,
I’m riding to success.
Can’t bother with a college course,
I’m in a rush I guess.

I never learned computer code
And software bores me stiff.
I need what’s easy for my brain
And want it in a jiff.

Though stuffed shirts and hush puppy types
Tell me in pompous words
To study web design and such,
I can’t stand bearded nerds.

Now, you may call me arrogant
And think I’m just a jerk.
But Pushy gets you noticed fast,
Politeness doesn’t work.

I crave celebrity online
And technophiles know how.
So gimme hot computer tips,
Want fame and fortune NOW.

© TF 2020

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 am

Richard - I didn't 'side' with anyone. You were / are both being ridiculous on this thread and I said ENOUGH. I fully expected both of you to have a got at me. I then made a point to seahermit about writings on and about Hastings. Get a grip man.....

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:41 am

'both treated/abused Colin'? My God - are you going to run off to teacher? I treated Colin in a way that the Colin's of this world deserve. I am not a friend/accomplice of seahermit. I have treated you both equally...until now. You are not well. With any luck your message will bring Colin to 'your side'

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:26 am

I have had some strange encounters on the internet before, but none as odd as this for a while ..

I criticised Richard because he came out with a lot of irrelevant waffle and statements which were simply not true. Nothing to do with "spitting out my dummy" when challenged - I love the terminology!! I merely have no time for cant and bullshit and will deride it in just the same way whenever someone employs it.

In return, Richard has chosen to make his attack on me very personal. What could be more damning than "public schoolboy"? Urgh, they are really the ones to avoid ..! And "viper" and "computer jockey" - truly horrible person I am!

I love the last epithet too, may use that as a nickname some time.

Richard does seem to be having some problems at present. It's just a forum and people disagree with you sometimes and get heated. Grow up. Or keep off the forum if you don't like to be criticised.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Well, the deed is done and the website launched. I feel as if I have "come out" or possibly given birth - either way exhausted and I have not worked so hard on computers for many years! Despite the scorn poured on me from some quarters, and I did almost give up several times, eventually it came together - six pages so far.

The content is a bit light for now, needs to draw people in before saying anything too challenging or controversial. It IS about aspects of Hastings, however, it is not at all what some people might expect or even totally normal!

Any comments (or constructive criticisms) people have time to make would be very helpful: "tonyfrostwriter.com" comes up in Google and even seems to display nicely on a mobile.

The design aspect, matching colours/content etc., was almost the hardest part and Wordpress's own tutorials are hopeless. I have filled a ring binder with other good stuff printed from the internet.

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Link herewith, to make it easier:

https://tonyfrostwriter.com/

cbe

Postby cbe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:23 pm

I shall keep my eye on your blog

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Thank you, CBE. When you have nothing better to do!

I am trying to add a Follow button. Shortly.

Return to “Technology Chat”