caravan site

Post here if you are visiting the Hastings area and would like some more information.
lynne

caravan site

Postby lynne » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi
Can anyone please tell me the name of the caravan site that is above the cliffs at fishermans end.

mikki

Re: caravan site

Postby mikki » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:54 pm

HI,

I'm fairly sure its called Shearbarn caravan park.

peter_simpson

Postby peter_simpson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 pm

I might be wrong/out of date, but I think the site that's actually on the East Hill is Rocklands caravan site; Shearbarn is the much bigger one that's further inland, at the top of Barley Lane. Putting my 'when i were a lad' hat on for a moment, I can recall when Shearbarn was still a farm and little more than a field for pitching tents and the odd touring caravan; my maternal Gran lived close by.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Correct Peter.

Rocklands is nearest to the East Hill, above Rock-a-Nore if you like, and is a traditional camp site for tents and caravans.

Shearbarn is more like a holiday park with better facilities and a shop etc, situated up Barley Lane closer to Fairlight.

Contact details if anyone needs them can be found here -
Camp Sites and Holiday Parks

Geoff

vickielloyd5_hotmail_com

Postby vickielloyd5_hotmail_com » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 pm

i seem to remember years ago,a place around there called ' Fred funnells '' ? is this the same place as Shearbarn is now ?

peter_simpson

Postby peter_simpson » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Yes Vicki; Funnells Farm was the predecessor of Shearbarn - when it was a farm; I recall my Gran and uncles talking about it. I may be wrong here, but I believe it may have been the same family who 'diversified' into camping and holidays, because it was more profitable than farming_ _ _

Return to “Visiting Hastings & St Leonards”