Bus from Marine Court

Post here if you are visiting the Hastings area and would like some more information.
Bardoe

Bus from Marine Court

Postby Bardoe » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:03 pm

I am staying in the Marine Court area and wondered if I can use my KCC bus pass in this area?
What bus takes me to Hastings and back to Marine Court please?
I am disabled too and unable to walk that distance
Many thanks and sorry to trouble you

Richard

Re: Bus from Marine Court

Postby Richard » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Any bus pass in the country should be ok and the 98 and 99 buses both go past Marine Court to the Train Station.
Bear in mind the road works mean they currently turn left up the hill, past Warrior Square, and drop down Cambridge road and route round to the station, turning left again, past ESK.

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:39 pm

I hope Richard doesn't mind my adding one or two thoughts, for clarity. If you are a visitor, you probably won't realise about the big diversion (of buses only) through the back roads, means that one cannot currently go straight along the seafront to the town centre, you have to get off the bus at Hastings station and walk down into the centre. On return, the opposite, you have to pick up the bus at the station. Must be a great nuisance for many people.

The 98 and 99 buses back towards Bexhill finish around mid-evening, so if you are caught out you would need to get one of several other buses (at the station) to St Leonard's London Road and beyond, then a short walk along the seafront to Marine Court. Or a taxi!

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Yes, I am not being clear.
The Harold Place turning is the usual left turn up from the promenade, (travelling to Hastings from the direction of Marine Court), stopping near Jempsons, in the centre, then passing up Havelock Rd.to the station.
During the diversions you can alight near ESK and roll down or it's perhaps easier to go to the station and drop down to Priory Meadow?
Don't know when the road works are due to be finished.

Return to “Visiting Hastings & St Leonards”