What parking facilities at or near White Rock?

Post here if you are visiting the Hastings area and would like some more information.
moonjiver

What parking facilities at or near White Rock?

Postby moonjiver » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

I keep turning to this very useful forum when I need quick help from people!

I am organising an all-day indoor market at the Pig in Paradise (end of July) and several traders will need to unload and also park for the day as nearby as possible (one or two drivers don't know this area at all).

I'm quite out of touch (sold my car some time back). Could anyone kindly advise me about the best places to leave a vehicle - I know there are underground car-parks nearby, are they reasonably cheap and safe? I doubt whether there are any backstreets where a car could be parked cheaply all day.

Richard

Re: What parking facilities at or near White Rock?

Postby Richard » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Jiver,
sorry, I don't drive and have no inside knowledge but there must be some local residents who have no cars and a space which they could offer for the day.
I suspect they could unload locally, as that is usually allowed for a certain length of time and then park elsewhere at a daily rate car park.

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks a lot. I'm hoping somebody will come up with some info on the underground car-parks, I know nothing about them. A friend thought they were for residents only ..

Otherwise, the hassle of trying to find the right person from the council to advise me.

I think some quick unloading can be done outside the Pig (where can I purloin some traffic cones?!) and there is also a "sort of layby" near the BHF furniture shop, which my friends often use to drop me off.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:33 pm

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:33 am

Thanks very much, Richard, you seem to be good at rooting out these things.

It didn't occur to me that the council would post this info online, should have done I suppose. I might also ask the theatre and the hotel where their customers usually go (I know they also have their private car parks round the back).

Return to “Visiting Hastings & St Leonards”