Forbidden Fruit, 119 Queens Road

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Richard

Re: Forbidden Fruit, 119 Queens Road

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Golly Gosh!!
You are hard to please MJ.
Here we have a new venture, dispensing craft beer and ciders, from locally-sourced apples and hops, making an attempt to fit in with the local vibe and you just don't get it.
Something like this anywhere around London, from Kingston to Crouch End, would be a massive hit and yet you decry it for its decor and seating arrangements.
These are 'early days' and if you just want a "cosy pub to relax in" then you are not in touch with the younger generation.
I think it's like 'manner from heaven' in a desert here and not something to be sniffed at for failing to fit in with your ideals of the perfect sleepy 'snug'.
:D

moonjiver

Postby moonjiver » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 am

I'm sorry if my reactions don't come out the way they are supposed to! I don't really get bothered about not being in tune with the local vibe - in fact, I largely end up wanting to dissociate myself from it and run a mile. I like young people and have no problem getting on wirh them, but I don't feel at all that the somewhat bizarre and slow-thinking youth of Hastings represent the flower of of their generation, whence will come future business leaders and prime ministers. If I thought that was the case, I'd probably be searching for a suitable lampost to hang myself!

Whatever, the younger generation certainly aren't flocking to the Imperial. They do go into the Whiste Trago (terrific arty decor) or the Dragon bar (dark but irresistibly cosy and popular from the very first second it opened).

Don't see the point in being served a fantastic beverage if the venue has all the ambience of a warehouse. I'll pop into the Imperial again sometime, give it a try, but not expecting to be thrilled!

Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:16 pm

The Dragon bar in George Street certainly does attract much clientele and is good at what it does, but it doesn't work for me at all, too dark inside and over exposed to tourists on the tiny frontage.
Whistle Trago, not sure, must have been 'Revolver' before and not big enough to feel comfortable inside.
Besides, both are in George street which stinks like an open sewer cause the street drains are knackered!!
Neither serve microbrewery beer, so I guess that doesn't matter to you.
The only reason they are packed is because of their location, I might try 'Trago' again but it is a long way from home and I don't appreciate crowded streets and Bars in particular.

There we go again, the Yin and Yang of Pubs and streets... 8-)

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”