Community Contacts

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Richard

Community Contacts

Postby Richard » Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm

I notice that, under 'Community Contacts', quite a few Resident's Associations are listed on the '1066online' website.
I wondered, since I am trying to form a Resident's Association in St. Helens Road, whether anyone has advice to offer?
I think we come inder 'Blacklands' conservation area and ther may be certain advantages, as well as disadvantages from being listed as a conservation area.
If we register with the council there may even be a chance of financial aid for small projects, which benefit the area, but at the very least we have a 'voice' to raise issues which are of local concern, and will have useful contacts amongst our group.
Any advice would be welcomed, but I know it takes time and effort to bring neighbours onboard and to create a body which the council will listen to.
The old town RA seems to have formed quite a strong group, over the years and with that much support as at least it can make the council sit up and listen to views, instead of just doing whatever it wants regardless!

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”