Hastings Pier - Rave On

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Geoff
Site Admin

Hastings Pier - Rave On

Postby Geoff » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Hastings Pier is certainly pulling in the crowds with some big name dance acts like ShyFX, Gorgon City and Redlight playing at Pier Jam this summer.

The space on the end of the new pier must be an awesome venue.

Oh to be in my twenties again, I absolutely loved the pier raves in the nineties. Storm, Passion, Heat, Interdance, Tazzmania, Bedrock, Pier Pressure ... bring it on!

pier-jam-2017-2.jpg

pier-jam.jpg

PierJam-Hastings.jpg

Richard

Re: Hastings Pier - Rave On

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:47 pm

And I thought you'd taken those pictures, Geoff!
I was dragged to the Palace for the Party end of the Gay Pride - not really my scene all those tetchy Trannies :)
It was good fun in a way but after a while the relentless techno-beat music did my head in.
I think Gay Pride is in its infancy for Hastings but if it gets bigger it could certainly pull the money in, just look at the event in Brighton.

The next Pier 'Gig' is this Friday: not sure why it's called a 'Gig'?

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/29479 ... tings-pier

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I went to the one that Gorgon City and Redlight played, luckily the weather was spot on and we had a good time, despite the massive queues for drinks and toilets, or being scowled at by security!

If you remember the days of Digweed and co playing, then the raves they put on down azur might be your thing? Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Digweed, Danny Howells etc. make a return to the Pier!

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Oh yes... Digweed, Shasha and Howells back at the pier. I might well be tempted. Heard about the Azur events, I know I would love it but getting too old unfortunately.

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”