Disposing of small electrical items

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
seahermit

Disposing of small electrical items

Postby seahermit » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:51 pm

Does anyone know how we are supposed to get rid of electrical items like disused light bulbs, small appliances etc.? I put out in a carrier bag a broken desk lamp but the idiot dustman left it behind. Surely the recycling van goes back to the sorting depot anyway?

There seem to be no collection points for such items. Does the Council expect me to make a two-hour journey (bus ride and a long walk each way) just to deposit a lamp?

The long street from White Rock to Eversfield Place seems to have many short-term flats and bedsitters. Almost every day of the week, new items are chucked out onto the pavement. Chairs, bookcases, sofas - over a week you could furnish your home with it all! Presumably it's because the Council don't make disposal simple or cheap and people cannot afford the charges. So eventually the Council have to clear away all the broken junk anyway!

Richard

Re: Disposing of small electrical items

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm

seahermit

Postby seahermit » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks for that. This is something relatively recent. The last time I checked the website, admittedly three or four years back atleast, there was nothing at all in the way of collection points. Never seen any bins at Morrisons though - hidden away in some corner maybe.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:15 pm

The receptacle is at the start of the recycling behemoth bins in the grounds of Morrisons car park.

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”