Halloween

Chat about anything local that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Richard

Halloween

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 pm

I am led to believe that kids are being discouraged from calling at houses to do their 'trick or treat' this year.
But it depends on the threat:
n Tier 1 kids can continue trick or treating as normal, but should take extra care if they are taking sweets from other homes, and make sure hands are washed
In Tier 2 and 3, households are banned from mixing in private homes unless they are part of a bubble - so no going indoors
In Tier 2 it's fine to meet in gardens, so trick or treating will be allowed
But in Tier 3 people shouldn't mix in gardens - so technically they should not enter them to knock on others' doors

seahermit

Re: Halloween

Postby seahermit » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:47 am

If the virus pandemic killed off Trick or Treat, I would be supremely happy. It's just an obnoxious form of begging, imported from the USA.

Some good coming from the pandemic atlast!

Richard

Re: Halloween

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:48 am

It frequently manifests itself as small children getting a thrill out of the whole dressing up and general excitement; which the parents enjoy as it falls in school holiday time when they feel the need to entertain their kids.
From my experience it is often with doting parents stand in the background, while the tiny tots knock on the door with plastic buckets or similar, for their 'treats'.
In tune with 'imported from America' - they probably round it all off with a 'sleepover'.
Personally I would ban children, far too many of them, but there we are!
:)

Return to “General Hastings Chat & Friendly Banter”