Saxby.

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
jurasic

Saxby.

Postby jurasic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Am trying to find any info on the family name of Saxby.Believed to be connected
with fish shops or fisherman in the 1900s, in or around Hastings.

cheb

Re: Saxby.

Postby cheb » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Don't know if it's the right Saxby family but I know a George Saxby of Arcade Fisheries he is now retired, still lives locally though. His son paul has taken over the business.

jurasic

Postby jurasic » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Would you know if George new a Harry Saxby (Deceased) who lived at West Moores (Dorset), wifes name was Kizzy.Childrens names,lenny,Rosy,Nathen and Dorethy.Harry sometimes fished at Poole, but his family came from Hastings.
Thanks.Any info gratefully appreciated.

cheb

Postby cheb » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:15 pm

[quoted]
jurasic wrote:
Would you know if George new a Harry Saxby (Deceased) who lived at West Moores (Dorset), wifes name was Kizzy.Childrens names,lenny,Rosy,Nathen and Dorethy.Harry sometimes fished at Poole, but his family came from Hastings.
Thanks.Any info gratefully appreciated.
[/quoted]

Sorry but I've never heard any these names mentioned by George.

jane_johnstone

Postby jane_johnstone » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:16 am

I was brought up in Silverhill in the 50s/60s. My dad was friendly with the Saxbys there. I remember old Mr Saxby (Roly) and his wife. They had several children and grandchildren (who were my generation). Roly was a window cleaner. One or two at least of those grandchildren still live in the area.

john_saxby

Postby john_saxby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

[quoted]
jane johnstone wrote:
I was brought up in Silverhill in the 50s/60s. My dad was friendly with the Saxbys there. I remember old Mr Saxby (Roly) and his wife. They had several children and grandchildren (who were my generation). Roly was a window cleaner. One or two at least of those grandchildren still live in the area.
[/quoted]

hello i am john saxby my father is terry saxby son of charlie and doris
saxby from silver hill my family is as follows grand father charlie
1st son is fredrick then pauline ,roy, terry ,colin lived at eversly cresant
silverhill there might be some conection there. good luck from john saxby

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 am

[quoted]
jane johnstone wrote:
[/quoted]

My nan, Janet, was brought up in Silverhill and still lives in the area, you may well know her?
Roly was her Granddad, so that'd make him my Great-Great-Grandfather?

To the original poster, we're not aware of anyone in our line being part of the fishing community, so can't help you the I'm afraid.

Georgie Mcgorman

Postby Georgie Mcgorman » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:11 pm

Good evening and hope everyone had a good Christmas. Now my question is does anyone know or is related to the late Gordon Saxby who was originally from Old Town Hastings ? He met Mary Pepper from Cambridgeshire, then married and moved to Cambridgeshire. They had 3 children Patricia,Micheal and Stephen. Just interested to see if anyone on here is aunts, uncle, cousins.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”