Anderson half-sibling.

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
margaret_stewart

Anderson half-sibling.

Postby margaret_stewart » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Hello. My father, George Bruno Anderson, married a woman named Violet Leeves in Hastings in 1946 and family rumour has it that there was a child of this marriage, who would now be 63 or thereabouts. This would be my half-brother or sister, and I would very much like to find them. My father called himself George Anderson at the time of the marriage, and was a Canadian anti-aircraft gunner stationed right on the seafront at Hastings. He was of Scandinavian descent and utterly gorgeous - and 22 years of age in the year 1944. He returned to Canada in 1946. Any information appreciated. Thanks.

Margaret Stewart
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.

patrickvic

Re: Anderson half-sibling.

Postby patrickvic » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Had a look through various records,marriages and baptisms, in the local Library but could not find any of the names mentioned,it is possible that it was a Registry Office wedding but these records are kept in the County Town of Lewes_ _ _There are about 18 people with the name of Leeves listed in the local telephone directory and about 50 Andersons..Can you be sure that V.L. was from Hastings ? There was one Leeves in this area during the war,an Arthur Leeves,Stalkhurst Farm,Ivyhouse Lane,Ore,perhaps there is some connection ?

clive_anderson

Anderson half-sibling

Postby clive_anderson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm

I may have relevant information.

C Anderson.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”