please help

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
valeriejones5784_yahoo_com

please help

Postby valeriejones5784_yahoo_com » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:08 pm

hi i have put three other post's on this sight with no luck perhap's someone can help i am comming to st leonard's after christmas would be gratefull of a few tip's my dad died in the conquest hospital in 2004 i have never met him but know he remarried i dont know if his wife has died can't seem to find her after 2006 they lived in edmund rd but she is no longer on poll register i would be very gratefull if someone could give me some suggestion's on where to go to find out if my dad was buried or cremated as i would like to visit his grave and where i could look to see if his wife is still alive any suggestion's would be great i'm getting nowhere on my own thanking you in advance valerie

patvick

Re: please help

Postby patvick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:19 am

Edmund Road is in Hastings, not St.Leonards, you can find it on Google Maps..I know that the Reference Library has all the records of deaths in the town since records began and also all births so you should be able to check if your stepmother had any children and all the details regarding your father..I looked through a Hastings Directory of 1974 and can find no record of any Faithfull in Edmund Road at that time..There was a James E.Faithfull in 4 Oakfield Road..There are 173 homes in Edmund Road so you could leaflet them for information,there is also the Halton Baptist Church and some of the older churchgoers might be able to help..If your stepmother has move into a home then the Social Services might be of help in tacing her..No Faithfulls in the local phonebook_ _ _

patvick

Postby patvick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Sorry about the repetition but the server told me the message was not going through..To add to the above Edmund Road is in a very residential area and most of the residents would be of the long term and not the short stay type so some of the older residents would more than likely have information for you..

Postby valeriejones5784_yahoo_com » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 am

hi patvick
thankyou for your help i will check out what you have said anything will help at the moment
thank's again valerie

patvick

Postby patvick » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Was down in the Ref.Library and had a look through the records,dated up to 2005..Could not find anybody of that name,Faithful, nor for J.Russell..Try online for Hastings Births and Deaths,it would cost about GBP7 for a certificate..I do not know who is in charge of Traffic Wardens,the Police or Town Hall ? but you can try either it would save some time when you do visit_ _ _

Postby valeriejones5784_yahoo_com » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:55 am

[quoted]
patvick wrote:
Was down in the Ref.Library and had a look through the records,dated up to 2005..Could not find anybody of that name,Faithful, nor for J.Russell..Try online for Hastings Births and Deaths,it would cost about GBP7 for a certificate..I do not know who is in charge of Traffic Wardens,the Police or Town Hall ? but you can try either it would save some time when you do visit_ _ _
[/quoted]

hi patvick
thankyou so much for your help it will make things a lot easier when i do come down thankyou again for taking the time to look thing's up for me
regards valerie

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”