Hook family

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
mary_wrotchford

Hook family

Postby mary_wrotchford » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 am

Looking for any of the Hook family from Hastings and Robertsbridge, Phyllis or Daphnne.

treetops

Re: Hook family

Postby treetops » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 am

Hiya

Have you looked on 192.com - there appears to be a Daphne V Cook (65 plus) living in Hastings couldn't see a Phyllis - I think you would need to subscribe / buy credits, or findmypast.com has a living relatives section you could do a search for which I think would give you Daphne's address (if it is the correct Daphne) and again you would need to buy some credits (costs GBP6.95 for 60 credits).

Hope this helps
x

mary_wrotchford

Postby mary_wrotchford » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 am

Hi, thanks for that. I have findmy past, but had not thought of the living relatives part of it, so I will give it a try.

Mary. x

alan_young

Postby alan_young » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Dear Mary, I know both of these ladies, and live close to Daphne. If you need more info post a message.

hilmar_bosch

Postby hilmar_bosch » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello,

I am looking for any information on "Hook Farm Cottage" West Hoathley, Sussex. Actually, I am trying to find my uncle, Hilmar Christiaan Bosch, born 1899. Hilmar was at Winchester House School, which I believe was in St. Leonards on sea. His guardian/god mother was Miss. A. E. Booth who, may have taught at the school. Hook Farm as well as Harris's Farm, Sidley, appear in old records. Possibly Hilmar stayed there. The date would have been around 1905-1910. Any information or leads would be gratefully appreciated.
Hilmar Dirks Bosch
boschgem@telkomsa.net
(South Africa)

hilmar_bosch

Postby hilmar_bosch » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello,

I am looking for any information on "Hook Farm Cottage" West Hoathley, Sussex. Actually, I am trying to find my uncle, Hilmar Christiaan Bosch, born 1899. Hilmar was at Winchester House School, which I believe was in St. Leonards on sea. His guardian/god mother was Miss. A. E. Booth who, may have taught at the school. Hook Farm as well as Harris's Farm, Sidley, appear in old records. Possibly Hilmar stayed there. The date would have been around 1905-1910. Any information or leads would be gratefully appreciated.
Hilmar Dirks Bosch
boschgem@telkomsa.net
(South Africa)

alan_young

Postby alan_young » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Does anybody know who Mary Wrotchford is? Daphne can't place the name. Is this her maiden or married surname? Did she come from Robertsbridge?

mary_wrotchford

Postby mary_wrotchford » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 am

Hi I am Mary Wrotchford, I was Mary Hook from Bexhill, my father was Frank Hook, and my mother was called Topsy, If you know the right Phyllis and Daphne Hook, there father was Leslie, from Robertsbridge, they lived in a close, up the road from the station, next doorto another Aunt and Uncle. Phyllis used to come and stay with us in Wrestwood Road, Bexhill. I would be so pleased to hear from them again.
regards Mary.

alan_young

Postby alan_young » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Hello Mary, I am Daphne's daughter Sally. Daphne still lives in Hadtings whilst Phllis lives in Robetstbridge in her mum and dads house. Daphne would very much like to make contact with you, so if you can respond to this message we can try to sort something out.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”