Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
lyn_h

Seeking old friend Kevin Blackman

Postby lyn_h » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:56 am

Lived in Hastings 1971/1972_ _ _both teenagers_ _ _would love to reconnect

Anonymous1

Re: Seeking old friend Kevin Blackman

Postby Anonymous1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 am

Would that be the Kevin Blackman that used to hang a around in the Fiesta in 72-74. Shortish stocky fella with long dark hair. Ex Priory Road school.?

lyn_h

Postby lyn_h » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 pm

[quoted]
G.K. wrote:
Would that be the Kevin Blackman that used to hang a around in the Fiesta in 72-74. Shortish stocky fella with long dark hair. Ex Priory Road school.?
[/quoted]

Hi G.K.,
Thanks for the quick response_ _ _it would indeed! Any idea whatever happened to him? Or any of the rest of the old Fiesta crowd from that era? I'd love to get back in touch_ _ _if this is you, Gary, love the photos you have posted.
Best, Lyn

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Last I heard of Kevin he was still in Hastings but that was quite a while ago, I'll ask around though.

There were quite a few sub-groups that used the Fiesta, which crowd or individuals did you have in mind_ _ __ _ _.sadly some of my old mates from that era have passed away but I've kept in touch with a few of the "survivors".

lyn_h

Postby lyn_h » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 pm

[quoted]
G.K. wrote:
Last I heard of Kevin he was still in Hastings but that was quite a while ago, I'll ask around though.

There were quite a few sub-groups that used the Fiesta, which crowd or individuals did you have in mind_ _ __ _ _.sadly some of my old mates from that era have passed away but I've kept in touch with a few of the "survivors".
[/quoted]

Hi G.K. - Great to hear from you again. I used to pal around with some of the girls from Hastings High_ _ _Kathy Flynn, Cathy Barrows, Susan Dodson. Also, some of Kevin's friends_ _ _Marcus (can't think of his last name but at the time he dated a girl named Ruth) and Simon (blonde, crazy guy.) I was the American in the group_ _ _only there for about a year. So nice to chat with someone who remembers Hastings from that era as well as the old Fiesta crowd. You're quite right about the different subgroups that hung out also. I know it's been a "few" years, but it would be nice to get back in touch.

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Lyn, I've loads of info on those names, where to start??_ _ _..some not all happy news.

Lets start in order of names:
Cathy F, we're still good friends, my wife worked has with her for 30 odd years. Cathy is married with 3 kids + grandchildren.

Sue I haven't seen for 15 years, she moved up north and has a couple of children.

Cathy B. Sad story, I'll send you a private message on that one. Monday when I've got more time.

Marcus and Ruth_ _ _..Ruth married "Blondie" aka Paul, Marcus is now Father Marcus, Parish Priest at Midhurst.

Simon 1 ( most probable of 2 possibilities ), a good man and still good friend, a language teacher, still travelling the globe. He studied theology and philosophy intending to be a priest_ _ _..to much of a free thinker to follow it through though.

Simon 2 (less probably) RAF, flew helicopters.

_ _ _.I'll PM you on monday.

Gerry Glyde

Postby Gerry Glyde » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 am

Marcus Ronchetti was at Midhurst until April and has now moved to Spain. I remember him in his second year at Priory Road when I had nominal duties as a prefect for his form It was a surprise when I found earlier this year that he had become a priest. He was a friendly guy and would have good rapport with parishoners.

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks for that update Gerry, moved too Spain? Do you know if he's working there or retired?

Lyn, PM sent, click on the personal button at the top of the page.

Anonymous1

Postby Anonymous1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Lyn,

I can be contacted by email on gaznjax#globalnet.co.uk replace # with @

It might be easier :)

Regards, Gary

lyn_h

Postby lyn_h » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:09 am

[quoted]
G.K. wrote: