Looking for family members. Hay, Cramp, Mills, Stonham

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
Dawnyjh

Re: Looking for family members. Hay, Cramp, Mills, Stonham

Postby Dawnyjh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 pm

All my family live in Hastings and my nan was telling me just yesterday about this and how my family and I are all related to him aswell please feel free to ask me and I can speak to my nan I would love to know more as well :) xxxx

andrew_hay

Postby andrew_hay » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi,
A recap of the info so far:
My gran - Annie Lousia Mills born 25th November 1895 (DOB Known but can't find any records), Married Mark Cramp (she was 34 and he was 78 "YES 78") sometime in April to June 1929, they had one child Annie Gladys Cramp (My mum). Mark Cramp was first married to an Emma Head (Birth and death unknown) 30th March 1872 (hence the name of one of the cottages that he built "Emma Cottage" the others are Sunbeam"), no children found so far, then for his second marriage was to a Jane Agnes Funnell Clark born in 1867, they married in Jan to March 1917, again with no trace of children, she died 21 November 1927.

I still can't find a real link between Biddy and the Stonham's even though I know there is one.

Sstonham

Postby Sstonham » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 pm

[quoted]
mbiggar wrote:
Hi Andrew, there is an Alfred Stonham listed in the 1881, 1891 and 1901 censuses for Hastings, along with his family. In 1881 he was just born (about 3 months old), with parents Edward and Jane and several siblings. Is this your ancestor? I can copy you the full info if it's the right fellow. I have other Hastings records I can check for you as well.
[/quoted]

Hi, the Alfred Stonham you mentioned, son of Edward and Jane, was my Grandfather's uncle. My great-grandfather William Stonham was his brother. My information about this group is pretty slim, and I wonder if you have some information about them I could wrangle from you?

j_woolcott

Postby j_woolcott » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:35 am

[quoted]
Andrew Hay wrote:
Hi,
A recap of the info so far:
My gran - Annie Lousia Mills born 25th November 1895 (DOB Known but can't find any records), Married Mark Cramp (she was 34 and he was 78 "YES 78") sometime in April to June 1929, they had one child Annie Gladys Cramp (My mum). Mark Cramp was first married to an Emma Head (Birth and death unknown) 30th March 1872 (hence the name of one of the cottages that he built "Emma Cottage" the others are Sunbeam"), no children found so far, then for his second marriage was to a Jane Agnes Funnell Clark born in 1867, they married in Jan to March 1917, again with no trace of children, she died 21 November 1927.

I still can't find a real link between Biddy and the Stonham's even though I know there is one.

Hi there - I have only just come across this forum and have been researching the Stonham Family in Hastings for several years now. My Gt Grandfather was George Stonham, son of William Stonham and Mary Mills. Tubby was my grandmother, Adelaide Florence Stonham's, Uncle too. If I have any Stonham info you can make use of then please "ask away" J Woolcott

Lesley

Postby Lesley » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 am

I am related to Biddy, he is my Mother' great uncle. Any information greatly appreciated, as building up family tree on Ancestry App.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”