HOWE Family WW2 RAF

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
thesolsean

Re: HOWE Family WW2 RAF

Postby thesolsean » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:27 pm

STILL LOOKING FOR RAF Sergeant/Staff Sergeant/Flight Sergeant Robert "Bob" Howe from WW2 who was part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Programme in Port Albert ANS#31, Ontario, Canada in 1943-1944. No luck yet. Have my birth registration form, but cannot yet get anything from UK military records because they do not seem to have any Bob/Robert Howe that fits. Am trying a DNA search with Ancestry.com . Will see if that reveals anything related to any Howe family from Hastings at that time.

Hasty9

Postby Hasty9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Have you considered having a DNA test done (as Y chromosome DNA is passed on from father to son - google if you want to understand this better) , then putting a limited family tree on one of the ancestry websites with the results as this might identify people who are related to you/Howe side of your ancestry?

Hasty9

Postby Hasty9 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm

I am distantly related to a Robert (Bob) Howe (now deceased) who was in the RAF and part of the Commonwealth Air Training Plan in Canada. He was in Trenton in 1942 I believe and an instructor. Although married to a lady in UK, they had no children at this time and I am not aware off any association with Hastings. Mine came from SW England. The photo is not clear enough to compare with photos I have of relative.

Hasty9

Postby Hasty9 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Paul - can't seem to contact you via the site. Please contact me. Have knowledge of a Bob Howe who was in Canada at this time as an instructor, but not connected with Hastings (as far as I know) . Was married in UK but no children.

Hasty9

Postby Hasty9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:24 am

To anyone reading this post, sadly Paul has now passed away. However, we have identified his biological father Bob (unfortunately too late to tell him), who is my relation. However, there appears to be no connection with Hastings.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”