Royal east Sussex hospital nurses from 1957 onwards

Looking for someone in the Hastings area, try posting a message here
HeatherD

Royal east Sussex hospital nurses from 1957 onwards

Postby HeatherD » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi Val , don't know if this is what you meant for keeping in contact but thought would give it a go..hope you're well
Also be nice to hear from any other nurses from back in the day :)

grandma

Re: Royal east Sussex hospital nurses from 1957 onwards

Postby grandma » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 am

Hi Heather. Glad to hear from you. Try posting to me privately and then we can catch up on e-mail. Val

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Sorry to butt in. You will need at least 3 approved posts before you are able to PM other forum members. It's to protect our existing members from spammers - signing up and then just sending junk PM's to everyone.

grandma

Postby grandma » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 am

Thanks for the info: Geoff - :D

HeatherD

Postby HeatherD » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Geoff thanks for your help
I have been posting on another chat so do those posts go towards making my 3?

HeatherD

Postby HeatherD » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Sorry it's taking me Val, I have to wait for my granddaughter to visit so she can tell me how to reply!

HMT1957

Postby HMT1957 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Hello all you RESH nurses from the late 50s. I stumbled on the this site by accident and probably posted my reply to the wrong bit of it.
I was Helen Tidy in those days and I started as a 'Daffodil' in 1956 (I think) yesterday I put 1957 - perhaps that's why none of the names ring a bell so far. After SRN I went to the Buchanan as a Satff Nurse in Obs. and Gynea. theatre for a while before going north for my midwifery training.

Guess you are all nearing 80 now, like me. If anyone is out there who might remember me it would be great to know how life went for you.

Smiler1975

Postby Smiler1975 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:59 pm

:P hi I was a patient in the RESH from 1975 and still have hospital appointment to this day for the same injuries, I was 11yearsold and on Ward 4 for a three months or so then became an out patient the years following that I was wondering if there were any nurses from then on here because I would love to get in touch with them x

Cuddlermum

Postby Cuddlermum » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi, I am appealing for some help and information please.
I am trying to trace someone who was in Hastings at the end of 1967.
He lived in hospital accommodation. I believe he was quite young, probably in his twenties.
I was told he was a doctor but having done some research, I now wonder if he could have been a trainee nurse as there seem to have been a lot of trainee nurses at that time.
He was a foreign national, most likely Indian, Pakistani or possibly Mauritian as I now understand that a number of young people came form Mauritius at that time to train as nurses here in the UK.
I'm afraid that is all the information I currently have. I realise it is not much to go on but any info would be greatly appreciated.
Can anyone tell me how many nurses or doctors lived in the hospital accommodation at a time?
Is there anywhere I might obtain a list of names for 1967? I realise that GDPR might make this difficult.
Would there have been many from abroad entering training each year?
Did trainee doctors live in the nurses accommodation along with the nurses?
If anyone remembers anything please let me know, were you friends with any foreign trainees, do you remember any names?
I am hopeful as this is important to me and time is running out as the years go on. Thank you - Jo

grandma

Postby grandma » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 am

As far as I can remember the doctors had their own quarters in what was then known as The Maids' Home. This was the building next to the Nurses Home. I seem to remember an illegal visit from the Nurses Home but cannot recall any of the Junior Doctors who were there.

Return to “Lost Relatives / Friends”