Recycling bags

From bins to boy racers, have your say on whatever makes your blood boil
RC

Recycling bags

Postby RC » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:27 pm

Was a good idea and inititive on hastings councils behalf.

What a shame that after 4 weeks of my blue bags sat outside waiting to be collected, i gave up and took the contents to tesco's bins.

My small daughter took charge of them and was very fed up at seeing them sat outside day after day as our collection days came an went.

Wise words from a 9 year old "another waste of our money".

Sad but true. Hope the scheme has worked out for some of you.

RC

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Recycling bags

Postby Geoff » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Yes a fantastic idea but still have ours waiting for collection. Looks nice and messy when you live in a block of flats and everyone puts the blue bags out. Come on HBC, what's going on with the collections.

Has anyone actually had there bags collected yet?

Michael mciver

Postby Michael mciver » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm

What a fiasco this has turned into,first few weeks things were done and collected with gusto,since then,no bags and late collections,but then the whole rubbish collection system stinks in Hastings and St .Leonards,with black bin bags strewn all over the place,why do we not have wheely bins like other more civalised towns.

monkey_magic

Postby monkey_magic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:22 pm

Our recycling gets collected on time every other week (Sorry if I am making anyone jealous) - I think their plan has worked well.

It's just a shame they don't take glass yet!

Martin Robinson

Postby Martin Robinson » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Well you're lucky to have recycling_ _ _
I emailed the council asking whether we could have recycling at High Beech Chalet park at beginning of May and had no answer, so I asked again at beginning of June - still no answer_ _ _.
I emailed our councillor asking if he could do anything and got reply that something would be done in 2 weeks_ _ _ Guess what? Nothing!
I "asked the leader" (Question 032) via the council's website mid July and was told that someone would contact me in a couple of weeks..
Guess what? Yes that's right - nothing!
So I "asked the leader" (Question 082) again beginning of September and had reply 2 weeks later that he was advised we don't pay proper council taxes so we aren't entitled!!!!
Its about time the council checked their records as we on this estate are all freeholders paying full council taxes! and although we have weekly rubbish collections, do not have benefits of good roads, lights, nor recycling.
I have of course advised the leader of the council, but still have had no reply!
No wonder Hastings is not meeting its recycling targets and it is so poor in the league tables of recycling councils.

Magdalene

Postby Magdalene » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 am

[quoted]
Martin Robinson wrote:
I emailed the council asking whether we could have recycling at High Beech Chalet park at beginning of May and had no answer, so I asked again at beginning of June - still no answer_ _ _.
I emailed our councillor asking if he could do anything and got reply that something would be done in 2 weeks_ _ _ Guess what? Nothing!
I "asked the leader" (Question 032) via the council's website mid July and was told that someone would contact me in a couple of weeks..
Guess what? Yes that's right - nothing!
So I "asked the leader" (Question 082) again beginning of September and had reply 2 weeks later. [/quoted]

Hi Martin

Emailing the council seems a waste of time from my experience. I have tried them and Tourist Information on several occassions about different things but never get a reply. Maybe thier workers aren't clued up with this technology thing?

Mags

studio17

Postby studio17 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Mags wrote:
Maybe thier workers aren't clued up with this technology thing?

Its not just the technologly thing they aren't clued up about_ _ _. They don't even know who pays council tax now!
(I'm Martin and since my input have now registered as studio17)
I eventually had a reply from the leader of the council after pushing him again where he said that as we don't pay council tax in the same way as everyone else, we weren't entitled to recycling!
But we do all pay full council tax, so do you think should we start asking the couincil for a refund? (Especially as we don't get road maintenance or street lighting either.)
Meanwhile, it looks like the council have tried to "buy me off", as they've supplied me with a black bin! But they haven't given any to other chalet owners, nor arrranged any collections!
But hey!, I'm thinking of moving to Spain now_ _ _ There they collect rubbish every day whilst their annual council tax is less than we pay in one month!
(Wonder how they can do it when we can't?)

Return to “Locals have your say”